High Voltage Operational Safety Course (Refresher)
Anyone working on or around HV systems and who have previously attended a 5 day HV operational safety course.
By the end of this course you will:
- Have knowledge of current Safety Legislation associated with the control and operation of a HV system.
- Be able to describe the safety and access requirements for HV substations
- Be aware of switchgear designs and ratings
- Be aware of the requirements to produce switching schedules for the safe operation on HV systems
- Have practical switching experience on a live 11kV network.
- Statutory Legislation
- Switchgear types, ratings and internal operations
- Operational sequences and locking protocols
- Switching schedule preparation
- Practical switching exercise
- Issue/cancellation of safety documents.