Natural Gas Vehicle Driver and Fueling Training
From E-Learning - Vehicle
Natural Gas Vehicle Driver and Fueling Training is a 40-minute, on-demand e-learning course that teaches the elements involved in safe driving and fueling of today’s natural gas vehicles (NGVs). This training provides all the information necessary to ensure that your NGV fleet is driven and fueled to meet or exceed current safety standards.
- NGV fleet drivers
- Fleet managers and supervisors
- Corporate/agency safety managers
- Risk management staff
- CNG fuelers/fuel handlers
- All employees involved in NGV fleet operation
- Describe the advantages of CNG as a transportation fuel.
- Describe the properties of compressed natural gas (CNG); identify the differences as compared to liquid fuels.
- Identify major safety features of natural gas vehicles.
- Employ safety precautions and techniques when driving natural gas powered vehicles.
- Identify CNG station fueling procedures and safety systems and be able to use them.
- Describe and employ the process to safely fuel a CNG vehicle.
- Distinguish and employ the proper procedures to follow during an emergency.
Module 1: Why Natural Gas as a Transportation Fuel
Module 2: Properties and Characteristics of Natural Gas
Module 3: What Drivers and Fuelers Need to Know about Natural Gas Vehicles
Module 4: CNG Fueling Equipment and Safety Practices
Module 5: How to Safely Fuel a CNG Vehicle
Module 6: What To Do In Case of Emergencies
Instructional staff members of colleges, universities, private training organizations, fleets, dealers or manufacturers are not candidates for this course, but have numerous options for bringing NGVi’s training classes to their campuses or facilities.