RENAC Blended Learning - Green Energy Finance Specialist
- Flexibility to study at any time and from any location
- RENAC content expert and learning platform technical support
- Moderated discussion forum for students
- Live lectures
- Multimedia learning materials
- Self-assessments, assignments and final exam
- Programme accredited by the Financial Accreditation Agency (FAA)
- 28 ECTS credit points towards the Master of Science in Business Management with a major in Green Energy and Climate Finance
- RENAC certificate upon successful completion of the training
- We offer discounts for our alumni, group bookings, and multiple purchases. Contact us for further details.
Green Energy Finance Specialist (GEFS) provides a comprehensive overview of the financing of renewable energy (RE) and energy efficiency projects (EE), particularly from the bank’s perspective. This programme prepares participants to lead and implement crucial processes in the green energy financial sector, including a term sheet development as well as the preparation of a financial model for an RE project. It combines a 20-week online phase with an additional 3-day seminar. Participants can choose to attend the 3-day seminar either in-person in Berlin or virtually from anywhere in the world.
This programme covers:
- Fundamentals of renewable energy (RE) and energy efficiency (EE) technologies
- Political and legal market frameworks
- Project financing and project evaluation (RE and EE)
- Financial modelling
- International climate finance options
- Renewable energy feasibility assessment and investment valuation
To supplement the learning experience, participants will have access to short introductory courses on energy and electricity topics. These courses are not mandatory and will not be covered in the exam.
After successful completion of the Green Energy Finance Specialist (GEFS) programme, participants can continue their studies by applying to the distance learning Master of Science in Business Management with a major in Green Energy and Climate Finance. Credits from GEFS can be applied towards the Master of Science. This unique opportunity is offered by RENAC in cooperation with the Berlin Professional School (BPS). BPS is part of the Berlin School of Economics and Law (HWR). GEFS provides students with the crucial background and knowledge necessary to successfully pursue the Master of Science degree.
Receive a reminder one week before the registration deadline.
This training suits those who:
- Want to specialise in RE and EE project financing (e.g. as Credit Analyst, Project Finance Specialist, Client Relationship Manager)
- Have to evaluate RE or EE projects and related credit requests
- Seek to establish a green energy finance or climate finance unit within your organisation
After the seminar, you will be able to:
- Evaluate relevant RE and EE technologies as well as respective projects
- Use financial models and to develop term sheets for RE and EE projects
- Identify options for international climate finance and how to access such funds
- Develop and evaluate portfolios of RE and EE projects
Green Energy Finance Specialist (GEFS)
Duration: 20 weeks online training and 3 days face-to-face training
Study time: About 220 hours
E-learning platform: Access the demo course on our e-learning platform.
Reminder service: Click here if you want to get reminded two weeks prior to registration deadline.
Project Director Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Finance
Tel: +49 (0)30 58 70870 24