RENAC Online - Certified ReGrid Manager (CRGM)
Each participant will have access to short introductory courses on energy and electricity topics to learn or revise the basics. These courses are not mandatory, and will not be covered in the exam.
The online training comprises of eight courses:
- Highly resolved scenarios
- Short term prediction of wind/solar power generation
- Generator concepts for renewable energy (RE)
- Balancing power for grid integration of RE
- Grid codes for RE
- Generation expansion planning for a high share of VRE
- Grid and system integration studies
- Energy storage
- Flexibility to study at any time and from any location
- Extensive support and live virtual classrooms
- Multimedia learning material and self-evaluation tests
- Certified by the 'Staatliche Zentralstelle für Fernunterricht - ZFU' (German Authority for Distance Learning)
- RENAC certificate upon successful finalisation of the training
- 10% discount for early bird registration
This training suits those who:
- Plan or operate power systems with an increasing share of wind and solar
- Need to manage resulting transformation processes in the energy system
- Are involved in other aspects of VRE grid integration, e.g. calls for tender, development of grid codes or grid connection studies for renewables
- Are master students who wish to complement their studies in engineering fields
After the seminar, you will be able to:
- Identify challenges and solutions for grid operation and planning with large shares of variable renewable energy (VRE)
- Manage resource assessment, flexibility options and grid impact studies for large shares of VRE
Upon successful finalisation of the training, you will receive a RENAC Certificate.
If you are not sure you have the required background to successfully take this training, the test in the demo course will help you evaluate your current knowledge.
Within the Renewables Academy Online, 'Applying Renewable Energy – large scale systems” is a good preparation for this online training. It can be booked by those who would like to build up or refresh their knowledge on photovoltaic, wind, and concentrating solar power (CSP) technologies. Participants who are enrolled in “Applying Renewable Energy” can get early access to the 'Certified ReGrid(R) Manager (CRGM)” courses of the following semester.
Duration: 6 months
Study time: About 200 hours
E-learning platform: Access the demo course on our e-learning platform.
Reminder service: Click here if you want to get reminded two week prior to registration deadline.
Project Director E-Learning and Blended Learning
Tel: +49 (0)30 58 70870 46