RENAC Online - Digitalisation and Smart Technologies for the Power Sector
- Flexibility to study at any time and from any location
- Contact with learning facilitators
- Moderated discussion forum for students
- Multimedia learning materials
- RENAC certificate upon successful completion of the course
- We offer discounts for our alumni, group bookings, and multiple purchases. Contact us for further details.
This course focuses on:
- The energy economics background of digitalisation of the power sector
- Opportunities and risks of digitalisation for sustainability and decarbonisation
- Key technologies
- Smart generation, transmission and consumption
- Smart markets and process
- Risks and cyber security
This training suits those who:
- Are involved in the energy sector and want to understand the link between digitalisation and energy; or
- Would like to become well acquainted with current trends in smart grid development.
RENAC certificate upon successful completion of the course for participants who score 70% or higher on the exam.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the areas of the power sector which are most affected by digitalisation;
- Assess potential advantages for society, the economy and market participants arising from the digitalisation of the power sector;
- Identify and explain the most important technologies which form the basis for the current digitalisation of the power sector;
- Explain how these technologies can be applied in order to optimise generation, transmission, storage and consumption of electrical power;
- Understand which aspects of digitalisation support decarbonisation and energy efficiency efforts, and which can put these objectives at risk;
- Demonstrate how digital technologies shape existing markets and processes, and how they may create new ones; and
- Describe the risks arising from the increasing digitalisation of the power sector and create counter measures against potential attacks.
Project Director E-Learning and Blended Learning
Tel: +49 (0)30 58 70870 46