Solar Fundamentals Training Online
From Online Courses
If you are looking for Solar PV training to find a solar job in the ever-expanding PV and renewable energy market, or you simply want to understand the emerging photovoltaic and solar energy market, then this course, PV 101: Photovoltaic Fundamentals, is the first step to increase your green literacy in the basics of solar power and solar energy. You will find yourself comfortable with the basics of PV electricity, market factors, types of solar energy systems, fun facts and history of solar power. This online entry-level course is a pre requisite for our next level of PV education and training provided in our very popular five-day PV-201: PV Introduction to PV Design and Installation intensive course. Start your solar career Today with US Solar Institute’s solar panel installation courses!
- Basics of electricity
- Series and Parallel circuits
- Solar power systems and their main components
- Difference between grid tied and off grid systems
- Understanding demand side energy consumption and how to perform a simple energy audit
- Market Factors including Franchise Utility Law, Power Purchasing Agreements (PPA), Feed In Tariffs (FIT) and Renewable Portfolio Standards (RPS)
- History of solar power through time
NOTE: This class is a mandatory prerequisite for PV-201: Introduction to PV Design & Installation. PV201 and PV301 will be available online too, starting the summer of 2013.
Please subscribe to our newsletter so you can receive email notifications of our forthcoming online courses. You can read more about US Solar Institute’s solar training program offerings here.