Bioenergy and Renewable Natural Gas for Municipalities - Government - Municipalities
Once reliant on pollutant-heavy incinerators and overstuffed landfills, municipalities throughout the United States are announcing ambitious new zero-waste goals, turning to anaerobic digestion as a means for managing large quantities of discarded organic material. Ensuring cities and towns can meet their environmental ambitions while simultaneously generating truly renewable, carbon-negative natural gas, anaerobic digestion serves as an effective tool for cities and towns looking to combat climate change and decrease fossil fuel consumption, chemical fertilizer reliance, waste-related water and soil contamination, and greenhouse gas emissions.
Anaerobic Digestion as a Public-Private Partnership
Collaborating with Bioenergy Devco is an investment in helping communities across the globe tackle the challenge of zero waste targets while increasing clean RNG production. Working together we can:
- Identify and permit the smartest location for an anaerobic digester. We’re focused on finding gas interconnection points while taking into account access to major highways, railroad connections, and even barge entry points – as well as public and local stakeholder concerns.
- Determine organics sources in your city and divert refuse destined for already crowded landfills or pollution-causing incinerators. Our facilities avoid water and soil contamination by processing municipal organics into renewable energy and a nutrient-rich soil amendment reusable for local energy needs and locally managed public land projects (e.g. parks, preserves, municipal landscaping, etc.)
- Participate in state, county and local community meetings regarding subjects like sustainability and zero waste. We consider an anaerobic digester to be just the first step in building a long and prosperous relationship with your community.
What’s good for the economy is good for the environment.
Bioenergy Devco has the power to help municipalities and governing officials meet the challenges of organics recycling while providing a local renewable energy solution. Establishing anaerobic digestion facilities ensures economic development with consistent RNG generation and the creation of organic, pathogen-free products that sequester carbon and revive depleted soils. In addition, Bioenergy DevCo can help cities and towns reduce their environmental footprint by:
- Providing alternatives to disposing of organics in landfills, mitigating agricultural runoff, and reducing the release of carbon dioxide and methane that is accelerating the climate crisis.
- Supplying renewable energy, aiding our transition from fossil fuels, and making resilient, self-reliant businesses, campuses, and communities.
- Creating an organic, pathogen-free amendment that, when used, can sequester carbon while reviving depleted soils, thus removing carbon dioxide from our atmosphere and making anaerobic digestion carbon negative.