Alken CLEAR-FLO - Model 4007 - High Activity Anaerobic Digester Aid
ALKEN CLEAR-FLO 4007 is a concentrated dry formulation of specially selected, non-pathogenic, Biosafety Class 1, facultatively anaerobic strains of bacteria, including six endo-spore forming Bacillus and three gram-negative, vegetative strains, designed to accelerate liquefaction and digestion of grease, sludges and other high strength organic wastes under conditions of low temperature, short solids retention time, and variable organic loadings. These strains improve methane gas production by increasing intermediate organic acids used by Methanogens in an anaerobic digester. Formerly sold as ALKEN CLEAR-FLO 7020. 2005 - New formulation is also approved for sale in Canada.
- Provides continuous source of highly facultative cultures which stabilize system.
- Degrades oil & grease, eliminating digester grease mats (esterase and lipase enzymes)
- Enzymes produced include protease (casease & gelatinase), amylase, esterase and lipase.
- Allows effective start-up of anaerobic facility with a flow-rate up to 3,000 gpm in less than 90 days.
- Improves digester system recovery after operational or inhibitory upset.
- Oxidizes hydrogen sulfide contamination of methane gas produced in system.
- Effective over a wide range of temperature range (40 F to 100 F) & pH range (6.0 to 8.5)
- Non-toxic, non-corrosive, safe to handle and store, safe to the environment.
for general application rates. Your Alken-Murray service representative will prescribe both the initial application and the maintenance doses taking into consideration such factors as the total daily influent and effluent, BOD/COD loadings, suspended solids and levels of pesticides or other contaminants. Be aware that a heavy rainfall may bring significant contamination with its runoff, and a one-time dosage equal to the initial application may be needed to restore control.
Although product may be applied dry, as a loose powder, for optimum bacterial performance, we recommend that you hydrate ALKEN CLEAR-FLO® 4007 before application. Thoroughly mix each pound of dry product with two gallons of warm (approx.70 F) water without chlorine. Allow the mixture to hydrate for two hours, stirring vigorously every half hour. After final settling, carefully pour off the top liquid layer for use, squeeze all liquid from the bran that has settled into the liquid and either dispose of the remaining bran, or toss into the system. If hydrogen sulfide is inhibiting methane production and contaminating methane that is produced, supplement CF 4007 treatment with Alken Enz-Odor 10which will also increase the activity level of CF 4007. Avoid use of algaecides, herbicides, and antibiotics when using any ALKEN CLEAR-FLO® product.
ALKEN CLEAR-FLO® 4007 is packaged in 25 lb. plastic pails and 50 lb. fiber drums. Store in a cool dry place. Avoid excessive inhalation as well as contact with eyes, skin and open wounds. Wash hands with warm, soapy water after handling.