AST - Model ICOM IC-SAT100 PTT - Satellite Radio
From Land - Handheld
The ICOM IC-SAT100 operates via SATELLITE PTT (Push-To-Talk), which is a two-way radio system that uses the Iridium® satellite network. It can be used as a communication tool in remote, isolated areas where there is no mobile phone or landline network infrastructure. Even if terrestrial network infrastructure is rendered unusable by human or natural disasters, Satellite PTT can provide a stable back-up, independent from other networks. Additionally, unlike satellite phones, IC-SAT100 users can immediately start talking to all the radios in the same talkgroup, with just a push of the transmit (PTT) button.
The ICOM IC-SAT100 PTT satellite radio is quick and easy to set up via the existing Iridium® Command Center and continues to support up to 15 talkgroups. Talkgroups can be shared enabling global interoperability among users, even when using different Iridium® PTT handsets.
- Waterproof, Dust-tight and Durable Body - provides IP67 waterproofing (1m depth of water for 30 minutes) and dust-tight protection, making it ideal for use in harsh outdoor environments. The radio also meets MIL-STD 810G specifications and has an operating temperature range from -30°C to +60°C (-22 °F to 140°F).
- Built-in Emergency Key - an easy to find button can be used for emergencies; allowing transmission of an emergency call to pre-programmed users.
- Powerful Audio - 1500 mW audio delivered from the internal speaker provides loud and clear communication, even in noisy environments.
- Long-Lasting Battery Life - The supplied Lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery pack provides up to 14.5 hours of operation.
- Secure Communications - provides secure conversations with AES 256-bit encryption.
Other features include:
- Multiple language display (English, Chinese, French, Japanese, and Spanish)
- SMA type antenna connector for an optional external antenna
- AquaQuake™ function clears any water ingress that may penetrate the speaker grill of the unit
- USB charging (USB Micro-B type)