Chillicothe Metal Company offers custom, UL-142 and UL-2085 listed and labeled sub-base fuel tank solutions to meet your project specifications. CMCO sub-base fuel tank designs lead the industry in structural integrity and will survive the stresses of loading and off-loading as well as provide trouble free service for the life of the project.
The following “UL Listed” sub-base fuel tanks styles are designed and manufactured at our factory location in central Illinois:
- UL-142 labeled open top dike
- UL-142 labeled closed top dike
- UL-142 labeled secondary containment
- UL / CAN S601 labeled secondary containment
- UL-2085 labeled secondary containment, fire rated
CMCO tanks are constructed of 7 gauge minimum sheet steel and structural. Most fuel tank manufacturers “wipe down” their tanks prior to painting. At CMCO, all sub-base fuel tanks (regardless of size) are shot blasted prior to painting. A corrosion resistant primer is applied and acrylic enamel finish paint is applied providing the highest quality finish in the industry. CMCO sub-base fuel tanks are designed and manufactured to withstand extreme environmental conditions.
All CMCO fuel tanks are supplied with rigging and off-loading instructions and installation instructions.
Fuel tank options available:
- IBC Certified
- Stub-up areas
- Normal and emergency venting to meet all state requirements
- Generator set mounting
- Monitoring, on tank and remote
- Fuel fill spill containment
- Fire suppression
- Access steps and platforms
- Custom coating/painting
- Immersion heaters
- Transfer pumps
- Design consultation
- Field service assistance / project management