Spire Metering - Model SpireMag T-MAG - Electromagnetic BTU Meter
Spire Metering’s T-MAG electromagnetic BTU meter is designed to accurately measure the heat or cold energy of a water heating/cooling circuit. It is consisted of three parts, an electromagnetic flow sensor, a pair of temperature sensors and a main unit. The main unit is a powerful console which combines high accuracy flow measurement, temperature measurement and BTU calculation.
The temperature sensors are high accuracy 3-wire PT1000 sensors. They are paired and calibrated in factory to achieve better than 0.15°F (0.08°C) accuracy for temperature difference measurement.
The BTU calculation is according to EN1434 heat meter standard. The formulas have been carefully implemented in the microprocessor so to reduce the computational error to the minimal.
As the latest addition to the SpireMag series, the T-MAG offers various output options, such as 4-20mA, dry contact, RS485/ Modbus, BACnet, LonWorks, wireless and more. It can be integrated into BMS building automation systems and PLC units easily.
T-MAG BTU meter is the latest addition to the SpireMag series for accurate thermal energy measurement. It utilizes a high accuracy electromagnetic flowmeter to measure the flow volume of the chilled water, hot water or condensed water, and two matched temperature sensors to measure the supply and return temperature. T-MAG provides abundant input/output and communication options which make it easy to be integrated into any meter reading system, PLC or BMS systems.
- High accuracy, billing grade. Up to 0.5% accuracy for flow, 0.15°F (0.08°C) for temperature difference
- Plug and play. All parameters are pre-configured in factory
- Integrated BTU measurement system. Single source responsibility
- Two flow sensor options: full bore sensor for high accuracy, insertion sensor for easy installation
- Short straight-pipe run, thus, suitable for any desired installation location
- No moving parts to wear and tear. Save maintenance cost
- Standard output: 4-20mA, pulse, dry contact (relay)
- Optional MODBUS, HART, BACnet, LonWorks or Wireless for easy BMS or PLC integration
The T-MAG high-performance BTU meter accurately measures the thermal energy consumption or transportation of a heating / cooling system. It is an ideal choice for a wide range of applications in HVAC, heating/cooling energy production, energy transfer, building management, university facility management, district heating and cooling, geothermal or solar hot water system monitoring, and more.
Some examples are:
- Chilled water HVAC
- Hot water HVAC
- Condensate and heating water circuits
- Boiler feed water
- Thermal storage, geothermal system, solar hot-water system
- District energy management and billing
- Commercial building tenant billing
- LEED / Green building verification, green credit application
- Energy consulting
- Power plant efficiency monitoring
- Facility management in shopping malls, campus, industrial parks, hospitals, commercial buildings, government buildings, airports and more