Your building’s glazing offers one of the best opportunities for a solid return on investment for energy savings Over 30% of an average building’s cooling load is due to solar heat gain through glazing. By installing ARC Window Film you can control the amount of solar radiation entering a building. This not only reduces heat building up, temperature fluctuations and hot spots, but also cuts HVAC expenditures dramatically. In addition, heat lost through glazing can lead to increased heating costs. By installing ARC Window Film you can reduce this heat loss by as much as 40%, leading to year round energy savings.
An installation of ARC Window Film can;
- Lower heating and cooling costs by up to 30%,
- Decrease peak demand required for summer cooling,
- Preserve natural light and improve visual comfort by reducing glare
- Protect people and property against the damaging effects of UV Rays
yet maintain the view through the window!
Please note: Window Film is not just a product to upgrade old glazing as even the most modern glazing systems can be improved in some way by installing Window Film.
Our highest performance window films can effectively upgrade single glazing to double glazing, and double glazing to triple glazing, at a fraction the cost of replacing the whole glazing system!
The need to save energy
With rising energy costs, businesses are under increasing pressure to reduce energy usage. The Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC) Energy Efficiency Scheme will further increase this pressure, as energy consumption comes under closer scrutiny, and the possibility of financial penalties becomes a reality.
Untreated glazing can be energy inefficient
In summer, solar heat gain entering through windows can lead to increased air conditioning costs, as we attempt to return the temperature to its optimum of 21-23°C. Likewise, during winter months, the heat lost through windows can lead to increased heating costs.
A further problem, excessive glare, can also contribute to an uncomfortable working environment - increasing employee fatigue and reducing their productivity. This is particularly a problem when working with display boards and/ or computer screens.
Window Film is;
- cost effective, with proven ROI
- clean and quick to install with a minimum of disruption
- requires no additional maintenance
- comes with a 10 year warranty for commercial applications
- available in a variety of colours to compliment the buildings appearance
Additional Window Film Benefits:
The greatest advantage of window film when compared to alternatives is that it offers a combination of benefits. Films can include some if not all of the following additional benefits:
- Reduce Heat and Glare
- UV Protection – Protection against the biggest contributor to fading – keeping furnishings looking new for much longer
- Graphics and Manifestation - Meet health and safety regulations or add corporate branding
- Privacy and Decoration
- Safety and Security – Increased protection against thieves, terrorists and accidental breakage
- Graffiti Protection
- Quick to install with minimum disruption
- Increased appearance – Solar control films can complement both modern and traditional buildings