Geotech - Model BIOGAS 3000 - Fixed Biogas and Landfill Gas Analyser
From Fixed Gas Analysers
The new ATEX certified BIOGAS 3000 builds on field-proven, robust gas analysis technology to offer cost effective online monitoring with local data outputs.
Colour screen within robust unit
A 4.3” colour LED-back lit LCD is visible through a window in the IP65 rated stainless steel enclosure, allowing busy technicians to monitor readings on the go in all light and weather conditions. The intuitive user interface makes use of icons and colour to clearly indicate system status, alarms and settings.
Increase the number of gases sampled from 3 to 5, by incorporating external sensors in a choice to 3 gases - CO, H2 and H2S. H2S is available in ranges from 50ppm to 10,000ppm, and can be used in parallel with an internal sensor to measure pre and post desulphurisation. Pre-calibrated sensors, that prevent system downtime, are also available to users as required.
ATEX certified heater
Used to avoid condensation problems, it extends the lowest operating temperature from 0°C to -20°C.
Designed to prevent damage from water ingress and condensation and is fitted as standard. Includes a liquid level indicator with a dedicated alarm notification or the option for an automatic drain which empties the catchpot without manual intervention, offering flexibility for on-site maintenance.
Connect with site systems
Various communication options are available to your SCADA system, including six configurable 4-20mA outputs, customisable relays and Modbus, Profinet or Profibus. Multi-point sampling enables monitoring of up to four different sample points, monitoring before and after desulphurisation or continuous monitoring.
BIOGAS 3000 Module
The system is designed to avoid unnecessary downtime: you can return the module to your local service agent for servicing and receive a temporary replacement unit. All system settings and user preferences are stored separate from the module on the local system, so you won’t even have to re-configure your system.
- Fixed biogas analyser for landfill and anaerobic digestion sites
- The BIOGAS 3000 measures CH4, CO2 and O2 gases as standard
- Users have a choice of up to two additional optional measurements of H2S, H2 and CO
- The modular design enables users to hot-swap for serviceability and onsite maintenance
- User calibration function to maintain accuracy and ensure data reliability in extreme temperatures
- ATEX and IECEx certified for use in potentially explosive gas atmospheres – zone 2
- ISO / IEC 17025 calibration for optimal accuracy
- The unit has the ability to monitor the gas control process before and after desulphurisation
- Continuous monitoring option
- Up to 4 sample points to monitor the complete gas control process
- IP65 rated unit for weather proofing
- Built in liquid level monitoring with a dedicated alarm to inform the user that the contents of the catchpot requires emptying or an optional automated moisture removal drain
- Gas alarms and fault notifications
- 6 x 4-20mA outputs
- Modbus RTU communication
- Optional Profibus and Profinet communication
- Clear, visual and informative colour display that is easy to view in the brightest sunlight
- An optional heater is available to extend the operating temperature range to -20°C
- The BIOGAS 3000 comes with a 3 year warranty (internal module); 1 year warranty (external components and enclosure)
- Customisable to your specific landfill and anaerobic digestion site requirements
- Zero operational downtime for servicing
- Product reliability and longevity
- Monitoring your process to protect expensive capital equipment from damaging gases
- Maximise operational efficiency through optimising the AD process
- Operational within hazardous areas of landfill and anaerobic digestion sites
- Ease of operation, integration and installation
- Minimal through-life costs
- Multi lingual product with support literature and videos now available in English, German and Chinese
- Local in-country support and service centres for your peace of mind and convenience