From Consultancy Services
Hawkins Wright has developed significant international expertise in the bioenergy sector and has working relationships with many of the largest players in the biomass realm. Our biomass analyses are conducted with an understanding of the complete fibre supply chain as well as a critical evaluation of the macroeconomic and policy drivers, by region. We undertake a range of due diligence assessments reviewing project plans to confirm investor confidence. These customized services include:
- Due diligence for proposed investment projects
- Review of production process technologies
- Marketing strategy development including end-use market intelligence
- Identifying new business offerings
- Feedstock supply/demand analyses and price forecasts
- Policy evaluation
- Supply chain evaluation
- Business analysis and competitive cost benchmarking
- The future costs of wood pellet supply. This study was commissioned by a European electricity utility which required an interactive model of forward cost curves for wood pellets supplied to north-west Europe. The analysis was used to inform forward contracting decisions and the development of internal risk management procedures.
- An analysis of the factors that will drive US wood markets over the next twenty-five years and the development of feedstock supply strategies to prospective wood-based biofuel plants in the USA. The study was commissioned by a major international oil company.
- The fifteen-year outlook for pulpwood and woodchip prices. This study was commissioned by an investor in biomass power capacity in the UK as part of its bid for project financing.
- The availability of biomass feedstock in potential supply regions. This study, on behalf of a UK investor in a biomass power project, assessed the future availability of woody biomass in target supply regions as part of the development of the plant's feedstock supply strategy.