Breaker Repair and Services
Low and medium voltage circuit breakers protect more than the equipment in downstream circuits. Circuit breakers protect your business operation from loss of revenue due to downtime for costly repairs. Quad Plus offers a range of services including repair of damaged breakers, refurbishment to as new condition, and retrofitting with new technology upgrades.
The breaker undergoes a visual inspection for worn or missing mechanisms. Next, electrical testing further reveals its received condition. Finally, an analysis is applied to determine needed repairs and issue a quotation. Upon approval for repair, defective parts are removed and replaced with new parts before final test and return to the client.
The breaker will be completely disassembled to have all parts inspected, cleaned, plated and painted if required, and then reassembled with replacement parts before going through a final test and inspection prior to shipment.
Our industrial circuit breaker retrofitting services can provide a more robust and reliable system to reduce the losses that can happen during down time and upgrades. Retrofit components can be installed using existing facilities, require no additional space, and can save up to four times the space of replacement with new systems. Some benefits are:
- Reduced costs and less downtime for equipment upgrades compared to new switchgear installation
- Available for most brands of 5kV – 27kV ANSI switchgear
- Maintains electrical system integrity during upgrade
- Eliminates the need for obsolete or unavailable spare parts
- Features a one-year equipment warranty
- ANSI & IEEE designs with complete documentation
- Upgraded MVA ratings and nuclear certification available upon request
How Quad Plus Can Help
Our industrial circuit breaker services can help extend the functional life of current breakers installed; restore vintage breakers to like new condition; or upgrade existing switchgear with features critical for continued operations and profitability. Regardless of the option chosen, we work to restore your facility quickly. Contact us for more information.