Data Management Services for Energy
Data Management Services offered by ResourceKraft means more effective and reliable management of energy usage, energy costs and energy projects.
Energy Data Management can only ever be as good as the quality of the data. Simply supplying software is not good enough. Our research has shown that systems that require the automated reading of remote meters and sensors will degrade as follows each year if not managed to maximize data quality and software availability.
- Remote meters and sensors fully offline for more than three months in any 12 month period: 0.5%-2% year-on-year increase
- Collected data unavailable for 5 days or more before restoration: 10%-20%
- Incorrectly configured/commissioned meter/sensor resulting in incorrect data: 5-10%
- Software/Server Unavailability: varies considerably – often as high as 20%
- Data Lost: 5% – 20% increase on previous year
ResourceKraft has invested heavily in maximizing data quality as it has recognized that incorrect or missing energy data is a lost opportunity for savings. ResourceKraft typically achieves energy data management quality rates of 99.92%. This is achieved through careful design and selection of hardware and painstaking commissioning.
However, it is also the result of constant monitoring:
- All data-acquisition devices, sensors, meters and data feeds are monitored 24/7 by ResourceKraft’s own automated systems
- Issues are made known to trained support engineers within minutes
- Most issues are addressed and fixed before the customer even notices
- The payment of third communications fees (e.g. for use of the 3G network) are typically handled by ResourceKraft. Where there are third party network outages, ResourceKraft remains in contact with the network operator until they are resolved
- Changes to the system requested by the customer (e.g. moving an electricity meter to another location) are checked to ensure that the data remains coherent and of high quality
Where data outages occur, ResourceKraft personnel will make every effort to:
- Acquire backlogged data from sensors
- Apply statistical techniques to bridge small data gaps
- Data quality reports are reviewed internally by ResourceKraft management to ensure ever increasing data quality. Reports can optionally be provided to the customer
ResourceKraft’s servers are constant monitored to ensure high availability and security of customers’ data as we recognize that customers’ energy data can often be a sensitive analog for production information.
- ResourceKraft’s servers are constant monitored to ensure high availability and security of customers’ data as we recognize that customers’ energy data can often be a sensitive analog for production information.
- All administration of product servers takes place over secure links by selected trained personnel
- Offsite backups are taken nightly. All backups are encrypted
- All ResourceKraft staff are trained in the proper management of customer data
- ResourceKraft software is constantly upgraded to add features and improve existing ones. This is done as part of ResourceKraft’s data management service and is usually transparent to users
- Customer are kept informed by email of any impending service outages