Geothermal Consulting Services
American Geosciences can assist you with developing cost effective geothermal consulting solutions. We develop successful open-loop geothermal heating/cooling systems for retail, commercial, and industrial properties. Energy efficiency is what is so compelling about geothermal technologies. Our geothermal consulting services allow you to harness water below the ground surface to heat and cool your structure. The result is an efficient and cost-effective system designed to reduce your operating costs and provide you with significant long-term savings.
American Geosciences designs “open-loop” systems. This type of system utilizes high yield wells to deliver groundwater to a heat exchanger that extracts the heat/cold to condition the building. The source water is then re-injected back into the aquifer. These type of systems appear to be very straight-forward to design. However, groundwater geochemistry, space limitations, and design limitations of the building can make successful implementation of these systems very difficult. AGI has the experience to help ensure your project is successfully implemented.
American Geosciences personnel work with developers, architects, and property owners to ensure they have a properly installed and efficient system. We can design and install geothermal systems for proposed or existing buildings.
Our geothermal consulting services include the following:
Gather Background Information
- Site analysis (analysis of geology, soil type, and aquifer yield).
- For existing structures, assess the energy efficiency of the building.
- Assess whether other successful systems are in operation in the area.
Conduct Feasibility Analysis
- AGI utilizes a phased approach to help ensure a “no-go” condition is found early in the process.
- Install small diameter test well.
- Assess whether groundwater geochemistry is conducive to installing a full-scale system.
- Conduct pump testing to validate yield estimates.
Design and Implement Full-Scale System
- Drill and install large capacity wells.
- Specify below-ground equipment requirements.
- Obtain applicable extraction and injection permits.
- Oversee construction.
- Work closely with your HVAC consultant to ensure that operation and maintenance requirements are minimized.
Post Construction Services
- Develop applicable operation and maintenance plans.
- Troubleshoot operations issues.