Green Gas Solutions
From Energy Solutions
Imtech develops customer-specific systems for green gas. Imtech Green Gas Technology develops and produces customer-specific systems for converting biogas into natural gas quality fuel.
- are offering a commercial solution for upgrading biogas;
- are reducing greenhouse gas emissions;
- are making practical use of waste;
- have an extremely high degree of operational reliability;
- are utilising the maximum available energy in the biogas;
- offer a continuous supply of biomethane, regardless of composition or the amount of biogas supplied.
The injection of upgraded biogas (biomethane) into the natural gas network yields a higher output compared to traditional techniques. We use modern solutions for gas purification and ‘CO2 capture’ by means of an amine washing process and sophisticated measurement and control technology. This choice of process and solid engineering together, ensure high operational reliability as well as negligible (in effect zero) methane loss.
Biogas is usually the result of a fermentation process. Fermentation is a biological process in which organic matter is broken down by microorganisms into methane and carbon dioxide under anaerobic conditions. Another source of biogas is biomass gasification. Due to the renewable nature of the substrate to be fermented, biogas can be considered a renewable energy source.
The advantages of biogas compared to fossil fuels:
- Fewer greenhouse gas emissions.
- Non-dependence on oil and gas-producing nations and rising fossil fuel prices.
- Efficient use of waste products.
Biogas has an energy content (heating value) that is fifty to seventy per cent of that of natural gas, making it unsuitable for injection into the Dutch gas network. Imtech GGT offers a process to upgrade biogas into biomethane which is suitable for direct injection into the Dutch gas network.