The Industrial Energy Efficiency Division of TERI focuses on development and promotion of technological solutions for efficient utilization of energy in the industrial sector. The activities of the Division encompass large industries as well as Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
The key activities of the Division are as follows:
- Assist industries in reducing their energy consumption through energy audits at the plant level
- Undertake technology assessment studies with regard to energy and environmental performance for different industrial sectors - Develop and promote energy efficient and environment friendly technological solutions for SMEs
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and learning amongst industry stakeholders through workshops, seminars and focused training programs
- Facilitate development and execution of GEF and CDM projects at different levels for the industry sector
- Undertake corporate GHG accounting and development of GHG emissions calculation tools using internationally accepted guidelines
- Provide inputs on transfer and diffusion of environmentally sound technologies in the context of climate change