- Develop a policy for more efficient use of energy
- Fix targets and objectives to meet the policy
- Use data to better understand and make decisions about energy use
- Measure the results
- Review how well the policy works, and
- Continually improve energy management.
ISO 50001 is a voluntary International Standard developed by the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) which provides organisations with the requirements for energy management systems. ISO estimates that the standard could influence up to 60% of the world’s energy use.