ISSOL has internalized design capacities since 2009 for very architectural Building Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV) installations. The aim is to assist architects and engineers in the design of the right glazing product for their project, in the respect of esthetics and both photovoltaic and building codes.
In that perspective ISSOL will also propose to build customized active glazing samples. This sampling campaign is often crucial for architects to choose the right product and finish. Having its own glass production facilities, ISSOL will link studies to sampling directly.
In the context of the project, ISSOL would act as technical partner to architects and consultants that already work on the project with the aim to ease their conception and material choices.
- Internal BIPV glazing design – cells pattern study
- glazing thickness study
- glazing finish study and customization
- glazing electrical attributes, connection, junction boxes, power, stringing layout
- active glass sample
- total installed power linked to glass customization
- output calculation in MWh/y
- shadow study
- tendering documents (datasheets, texts)
- normative study (IEC, CE and building codes)
- Fixation details and interactions with the façade maker
- BOS, electrical dimensioning and string’s layout