How you plan to distribute your scarce energy resources over seasons and years may have direct impact on your company’s economic growth and revenues. A hydropower-based system is directly affected by seasonal and yearly variations. Available resources and prices in the markets are heavily dependent on weather conditions and how other participants manage their resources. A cold winter may bring high prices, but if the winter is dry, the impact may result in even higher prices in the spring. A dry summer may bring high prices in the ancillary services markets, whereas a sudden shift to rainy weather sends the prices down. These shifting conditions and uncertainties require sophisticated decision support.
The Seasonal Planning package helps you to: - Make seasonal and long-term plans. - Forecast market prices. - Calculate optimal distribution of your production resources.
THE SEASONAL PLANNING PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Forecast the market price up to 5 years ahead
- Calculate optimal seasonal production distribution
- Calculate current value of the energy resources
- Calculate economic water values
- Calculate expected reservoir levels over seasons
- Get optimal planned outage of the assets
- Calculate historical inflow and current resource storage
- Make what-if scenario analysis of future production
- Forecast inflow
- Register and model availability and restrictions