Strategic Business Planning
Our Key Strengths
PPA Energy provides comprehensive strategic business planning to both private and public clients.
Our private clients are often private energy investors or power asset owners. Their objectives are to structure commercially advantageous deals, for example, in the construction of Independent Power Producer (IPP) plants, or in the setting up and negotiation of concession contracts and Power Purchase Agreements. Our skills span a range from market evaluation to expert witness work, and our clients range widely, from commercial property developers looking at opportunities to exploit small scale generation, through to major international corporations looking to invest hundreds of millions of dollars.
For public clients (Public and Government Entities), multilateral lenders and regulatory bodies, we provide the expertise in development of financial restructuring and turnaround plans plus the associated training and capacity building support. Where such work is required to be aligned with international accounting standards, we have relationships with major blue chip accounting firms who can provide this support alongside our operational knowledge. A key component of such planning often includes the setting of management performance targets, for example for the improvement of revenue collection, reduction of losses, and management of billing, and our experience in this area spans the technical, managerial and financial disciplines.
What we do:
- For Private Energy Investors/Power Asset Owners:
- Due diligence and financial evaluation
- Investment planning
- Support in negotiation of Power Purchase Agreements and concession contracts
- Transaction advice
- Strategic advice to IPPs (Independent Power Producers)
- Market Studies
- For Public and Government Entities
- Design of regulations and regulatory regimes
- Support in the process of energy sector reform and financial restructuring
- Economic analysis
- Support on institutional issues
- Incentivising private investment
- Energy policy advice