Thermal Power Generation / Gas Services
The extensive experience acquired by Iberdrola Ingeniería personnel in this field of Thermal Power Generation come from its participation in power plants having different technologies and different types of turbines, boilers and sizes which range from 10 MW to 2000 MW, using traditional fossil fuels, coal, gas-oil, fuel-oil, natural gas and renewable biomass fuels. This participation covers projects, depending on the case, from ownership support in tenders for energy sale projects to turnkey supply of plants; or from the feasibility study or activity assessment to the execution of remodelling and improvements in existing plants.
These projects, depending on the request of our customers, may pass through such phases as design, detail engineering, supply, construction, test, commissioning and operational support, either through integrated project management or some specific phase of it. The power plants that Iberdrola Ingeniería has developed through this activity add up to 13,630 MW of installed power, 1,200 of which pertain to coal, 3,300 to fuel and the rest 9,100 to gas plus some 30 MW to biomass.
The most significant activities in this field are:
- Combined Cycle Power Plants
- Cogeneration and trigeneration plants
- Gas transport infrastructures
- Fossil Fuel Power Plants
- Modernization and remodelling of plants in operation
- Gas transport and storage plants
- Technical feasibility - economic studies, business plans
- Selection and contracting of new installations
- Supervision of engineering and construction
- Technical and commercial consultancy on energy sale contracts
- Consultancy and technical support on licensing and permit management
- Civil engineering for land preparation and adaptation
- Projects for bridges, roads, buildings, water ducts, etc.