Verisae"s Smart Grid Platform
Deriving benefits from smart grid participation. Verisae’s suite of energy management systems, including the Energy Supply Manager and Energy Demand Manager products, provide many unique and valuable benefits to energy customers and those who supply or manage the United States electricity grid.
- Energy customers save substantial amounts of money annually with lower electricity costs by being better equipped to manage consumption behavior due to enhanced access to energy information. This higher level of knowledge around energy usage empowers customers to modify processes or improve business operations.
- Additional cost savings for energy customer are possible by enabling customers to participate in dynamic energy pricing and demand response (DR) programs through collaborative partnership with many utility companies via one integrated, energy management system.
- Utility Companies and Regional Transmission Operators (RTOs) experience significant economic benefits because they can ask their customers to directly participate in reducing the need to dispatch high cost generation during peak periods. The use of the Verisae platform directly helps utilities and RTOs increase customer adoption.
- Because of the central database and open architecture, information and knowledge gained through the use of the our Energy Supply Manager and Energy Demand Manger products can lead to economic benefits for many energy industry participants. This will enable further implementation of smart grid technologies throughout the industry as financial metrics are collected and return on investment proven for implementation options.
- Advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), energy data metering, energy analysis & auditing, energy management, and demand response initiatives all add up across the energy industry to a large amount of load reduction when aggregated across a number of facilities under the control of one or many distributed enterprises.
- This multiplying effect as Smart Grid implementations continue in number can eliminate the need to build new energy generation capacity, at a substantially lower cost than current build economics.
Environmental Benefits of The Smart Grid
The verifiable reduction in carbon emissions from the initiation of energy efficiency and demand response events is significant. Utilizing Verisae’s patented Carbon Emissions Manager products, which is already widely utilized within the retail grocery industry, the environmental benefits of energy reduction and curtailment, such as carbon reduction, can add up to millions of tons of carbon emissions annually.
- It is often energy management, conservation, and efficiency initiatives are the quick wins and easiest of measures to implement. Lower energy consumption immediately reduces carbon emissions.
- Additional SOX and NOX reductions are captured due to generation units in the supply chain which have the ability to run less because of lower consumption by commercial customers.
Benefiting from Smart Grid Participation
Customers with energy data meters or advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) devices are well positioned for demand response (DR) functionality and to have tighter control on energy efficiency efforts. Verisae's data managers and active energy controllers enable customers, utilities, RTO’s and third party energy management companies:
- To use the communication infrastructure as a gateway to monitor and control customer equipment located at the customer’s premise.
- To automate without human intervention load shedding and control events including; Dynamic or Real-Time Pricing, Demand Response (DR), Congestion Management
- To provide a secure environment for the transmission of customer energy information.
Providing customers with the means to monitor and manage information about their energy use helps them to make more informed energy-related decisions, which has been proven to result in significant reduction in consumption.