WE Drive - Solution Four for Efficient Power Distribution
Efficient power distribution via the DC-link of WE Drive™ to heavy consumers such as
bow thrusters, pumps and compressors.
- WE Drive™
- Shaft Generator
- Dedicated Power Management System
- DC-link Switchboards with dedicated inverter units
- Energy Storage Solutions
- Shore Power Solution
- Increased efficiency of the electrical system → less installed power
- Fault current limitation by WE Drive™ allows smaller footprint of the Main Switchboard and less copper → lower weight of the electrical system
- Lower Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) → better quality of the electrical system
- Improved Power Factor → less reactive current flow in the electrical system
- All above creates substantial capital expenditure savings from reduced size of inverter units and cabling
How it works
for 4-stroke (medium speed) applications
Solution Four uses the common DC-link of the WE Drive™ technology, thereby enabling new methods to distribute power in energy efficient and economical ways. Large electrical consumers such as thruster or large compressors can have their dedicated Inverter Units (INU) connected directly to the common DC-link. The WE Drive™ DC-link in this solution is fed from Shaft Generators or Auxiliary Generators. Power can be distributed to a ship’s electrical network, to thrusters, and to propulsion machinery. Solution Four also enables efficient power distribution and controlled short circuit currents, which allows lighter switchboards in marine installations.
Direct Drive Permanent Magnet Shaft Generator for 2-stroke (slow speed) applications
The permanent magnet rotor is mounted on the intermediate shaft of the propulsion system. Mass and inertia are very low and thus the impact on propulsion system torsional vibration calculations (TVC) remains minimal. No additional bearings are required, thus the propeller shaft system design remains uncompromised. The generator housing, consisting of a compact, feet mounted stator package, including the rotor and intermediate shaft, is positioned on the generator bed in the propeller shaft line and connected via flanges.
No reviews were found for WE Drive - Solution Four for Efficient Power Distribution. Be the first to review!