American Biocarbon, LLC.
American Biocarbon is a renewable energy company that manufactures a biocarbon fuel derived from sugarcane bagasse to be used as a direct substitute for coal in electric fired utilities. Our first commercial facility is co-located at the Cora Texas Sugar Mill in White Castle, Louisiana where we have secured a long-term supply of annually renewable biomass feedstock in partnership with the Mill and their growers. Integration of American Biocarbon’s process directly into the SugarMill provides significant value to the Mill, its growers and the company. Unlocking the value of agricultural residues to meet growing demand for biomass energy.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Renewable Energy
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
American Biocarbon’s value propostion
RENEWABLE ENERGY DEMAND
- Biomass renewable energy provides base-load power, heating energy and balance intermittent wind and solar
- Established biomass fuel market serving coal fired electric power production is at 17M metric ton per annum expected to grow 3-4x over next decade
- Renewable capacity to grow by 30% by 2020, leading to an annual market of nearly 200GW
DROP-IN REPLACEMENT FOR COAL BASED POWER AND HEATING
- Biocarbon fuel can replace coal in conventional power and heat generation assets with minimal to no change to operations
- Fuel can utilize existing coal transportation, storage and processing infrastructure with no change
- Carbon neutral fuel and lower air pollutant emissions
IMPROVES SUSTAINABILITYOF SUGARCANE SUPPLY CHAIN
- American Biocarbon's process contributes to:
- Solutions for minimizing field burning of harvest residues and improvements in local air quality
- Improving efficiency of mill operations by lowering harvest residue in sugarcane feedstock
- Reduction of GHG emissions of stockpiled bagasse and eliminates need for disposal