AMJET Turbine Systems, LLC
AMJET Turbine Systems, LLC (ATS) has utilized composite marine water jet technology to create a new low head hydro turbine/generator. Low head hydropower (axial flow) is the inverse of a marine water jet. ATS has a sister company, American Hydro Jet Corporation (AHJ), that has designed and built water jets for large yachts, see figure 6 below. The flow direction and rotation are reversed but mechanical loads, stresses and hydrodynamics are the same and basic construction developed by AHJ is now used by ATS.
- Paul W. Roos, VP-Technology: Developer of the game-changing technology and an expert in mechanical design and composites. He leads the Technical Team.
- Roger Ernst, has joined ATS as a management consultant.
The ATS Technical Team includes the following resources:
- Dr. Pat McCleer, Electromagnetic design
- Dr. Greg Smedley, Electronics design
- Dr. Ed Bennett, Hydrodynamic design
- Norman Bishop, P.E, Sr. VP Hydroelectric and Renewable Energy of Knight Piesold & Co., expert in worldwide small hydro marketing and technology application.