A subsidiary of the Alcen group, Atmostat has a wealth of 40 years of experience in the design, manufacture and integration of predominantly industrial products. As a feedstock operator in the metallurgical industry of the future, ATMOSTAT masteres complex manufacturing processes that involve machining, assembly of rare materials (beryllium and its alloys, tantalum, niobium, etc.) and require phases of control. The offer of ATMOSTAT is available throughout the life cycle of a system according to three modes of intervention: product, customization and advisory.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
CADCAM: Pro / Engineer
- reliability identification ;
- configuration management, traceability ;
- long term archiving.
- EN 9100 V2009
- ISO9001 V2008
- cofrend (vaccum) ;
- cofrend 2 (Xray).
- turning ;
- wire electrical discharge machining ;
- electrical discharge sinking.
Other ressources (burnishing, regrinding, etc.)
- thermal ;
- vacuum ;
- in a modified atmosphere ;
- mechanical : polishing, etc. ;
- cleaning process ;
- sealing using wet or dry processes ;
- conversion ;
- thermochemistry ;
- protective paint.
- tIG, electron beams, laser YAG (fiber) in clean rooms ;
- analysis laboratory for micrographic section ;
- high-temperature Isostatic Pressing (HIP) management.
- class 10,000 clean room with vertical laminar flow hood (class 100) ;
- assembly room fitted with 2 laminar-flow hoods ;
- tridimensional control – rotating conveyor belt ;
- tridimensional control based on CAD model.
- profile control apparatus ;
- surface quality measurement apparatus.
- engineering: control requirements, inspection plans and inspection control ;
- spectrometer ;
- macro/micrography Laboratory ;
- micro focus X ray radiography with tomography function (3D reconstruction software) ;
- leakage sensors ;
- hardness measurement ;
- microhardness testers ;
- surface control and depth control : ultrasonics testers, scatterometry ;
- x-ray lab fitted with PHILIPS 500KV machine ;
- traction control ;
- pressure test bench ;
- eddy current and ultrasonic non-destructive test bench ;
- coefficient of friction test bench ;
- electric continuity and insulation test equipment.
Atmostat, develops in-house a particularly extensive technological base, relying on its 'innovation cluster' composed of doctors in sciences and engineers.
Beyond its range of own products, Atmostat also meets specific requirements, adapting its products to needs and applications requiring a particular design.
Research & Development
ATMOSTAT has a network of academic and industrial key partners.
Founding Members of the ASTECH Paris Région competitiveness cluster, AER and ATMOSTAT are involved in R&D collaborations with major players on the market.
ATMOSTAT and CEA -Liten created with the support of the National Agency for Research a common laboratory named LACRE that targets the development of exchangers reactors for process intensification in energy markets and chemistry.
Materials & special processes
- beryllium and its alloys (Albemet) in a dedicated workshop:
- beryllium brazing;
- beryllium alloys laser assembly;
- pure beryllium assembly solutions by electron beam (feasibility of the process);
- tantalum and Niobium:
- laser and electron beam welding;
- hot isostatic compression (HIP) through the diffusion of the tantalum;
- molybdenum – vanadium – tungsten alloy;
- copper and stainless steel;
- gold and alloys;
- titanium and alloys (laser and electron beam welding).
Design and manufacture of Beryllium and its alloys (AlBeMet: aluminium/beryllium).
Engineering and management of Beryllium: protection of persons, property and the environment.
Feedback on Beryllium and AlBemet to optimize system designs for customer applications.Specific manufacturing
Research on process, feasability studies, failure analysis expertise, procurement, manufacturing and control.
Preliminary fabrication, welding procedure and feasibility mock-ups for the Test Blanket Modules (TBM) for ITER:
- protection of the vacuum vessel and the superconductivity magnets ;
- removable blanket module positioned directly facing the plasma ;
- temperatures in excess of 150-million-degrees celcius ;
- beryllium chosen for its physical properties ;
- neutron flux from the fusion reaction ;
- heat removal system with cooling water system.