Bowman Power Group Ltd
Bowman is a UK-based technology company, working to help make the power generation industry cleaner and more energy efficient. We were founded in 2003 by Tony Davies, to develop new technology for improving the energy efficiency of reciprocating engines. This initially included development programmes of bespoke high-speed electrical machines (HSEMs) with John Deere, Navistar, Daimler, Fiat and Volvo. Out of these HSEMs we developed our Electric Turbo Compounding (ETC) energy recovery technology, which was redesigned for smaller scale industrial applications, focusing on integration with engines used for on and off-road vehicles. Through three generations of evolution our ETC technology has been refined into the versions you see today, ETC 300, 600 and 1000, perfectly suited for high-speed and medium speed engines. Our patented and proven technology delivers significant benefits to companies providing power capacity or serving end users of diesel and gas fuelled gensets worldwide.
We now employ around 60 people, have deployed hundreds of systems around the world, and our customers have saved hundreds of thousands of tonnes of CO2, and millions of dollars’ worth of fuel.
We’re still committed to developing new products too, with consulting work underway on new HSEM based products and bespoke applications of our ETC technology on engine wastegates. Ultimately, we are committed to building the most cost-effective engine efficiency solutions, year after year for customer after customer.
Our Purpose and Values
Our purpose is that, where reciprocating engines are used to generate power, fuel is consumed as efficiently as possible.
Our technology will enable you to achieve your efficiency aims whilst contributing to climate change goals.
- Trust: Our customers trust us because we deliver on our promises. We trust each other to do the best job possible
- Respect: We respect the needs of our customers, employees, shareholders and suppliers
- Passion: We are passionate about our technology, the environment and our company
- Quality: We pursue the highest quality in all that we do, and enjoy doing so
- Collaboration: We work as a team and always look to collaborate with customers, suppliers and partners
Increased energy efficiency by:
- Turning waste heat into power
- Reducing fuel consumption and CO2
- Increasing power density
Increased customer advantage by:
- Improving customer product offering
- Enhancing competitive differentiation
- Increasing capital efficiency
To find out how we can help you, get in touch.
We're a UK based company with global reach
Used by leading engine and genset OEMs, power rental providers and independent power producers, our ETC technology helps deliver power to some of the most remote and operationally challenging locations in the world
Supporting customers around the world
Our support engineering team provide hands-on training and support to customers all over the world, from initial installation through to commissioning and maintenance of the ETC system.
Our ETC technology is used globally by customers in:
- Czech Republic
- Saudi Arabia
- United Kingdom
- United Arab Emirates