Brush has grown for over 130 years to be recognised as the largest independent manufacturer of electrical equipment including 2 and 4-pole Turbogenerators, Power Management Systems, Transformers, Hawker Siddley Switchgear and Harrington Diesel Generators. Designing superior generator technology for leading industrialists and turnkey solutions for independent power requirements. Access world dass generator expertise and product design for your next power project here. A leading transformer solutions provider, offering a range of standard or bespoke products for applications including generator step-up, grid connection, system and power transformers.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Power Distribution
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
We tackle the most challenging projects, offering solutions to meet the most demanding conditions. Backed by industry-leading quality assurance measures, all equipment adheres to European, American and International standards, with manufacturing sites registered to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
Social and ethical
BRUSH defines Corporate Social Responsibility, or CSR, as the impact its businesses have on its employees, partners, customers, shareholders, the environment and both the local and international community. Through CSR, BRUSH is able to engage with its stakeholders and local communities, building relationships of trust and integrity; to demonstrate concern for the environment through energy saving initiatives, promotion of renewable energy and improved product and process efficiencies; and to maintain safe, reliable operation through careful monitoring of health and safety incidents and regular review of working practices. It is for these reasons that BRUSH firmly believes good CSR practice is not only desirable in its own right but also makes good business sense.
The policy provides an open and transparent account of the activities and performance of the Group and its subsidiary businesses in what has been identified as the three key areas of CSR.
- Social & Environmental
- Health & Safety
- Modern Day Slavery Act Statement
BRUSH’s continuing progress in CSR demonstrates it is a company that:
- Has a clear strategy and defined performance targets
- Continually seeks out better methods of operation
- Strives to improve service to customers by developing innovative products, systems and solutions
- Displays the highest standards of trust and integrity
- Strives towards sustainability
Brush recognises that as a business it has to ensure that its actions do not cause any detriment to the environment. BRUSH controls its impact on the environment by utilising the internationally recognise environmental standard ISO14001 Management systems.
Our Loughborough facility is situated adjacent to a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) comprising one of the largest remaining examples of unimproved alluvial flood meadow in Leicestershire. Nationally this habitat is becoming scarce due to changes in agriculture and flood plain development.
- Extensive flooding provides a natural nutrient input.
- The meadow contains grasses such as Meadow Foxtail, rough meadow grass and Rye-Grass etc.
- Some herbs including Great Burnet, Common Knapweed and the Narrow-Leaved Dropwort (not found anywhere else in Leicestershire) grow in this meadow.
- The Summerpool Brook forms part of the perimeter for Brush Traction and our discharges into it are subject to consent by the river authority and are monitored and measured by the Environment Agency.
- Plants found in the brook are Reed Mace and Slender Tufted Sedge amongst other fen species.
- Birds seen on and around the site are Lapwing, Skylarks and Wagtails along with all the common species
We are consistently working to and have achieved the internationally recognised environmental standard for ISO 14001. The certifications can be viewed via the following links...
Brush has grown for over 130 years to be recognised as the foremost independent manufacturer of electrical equipment including 2 and 4-pole Turbogenerators, Power Management Systems, Transformers, Hawker Siddley Switchgear and Harrington Diesel Generators. A consultative partner, Brush offers specialist technical value to complex projects from the thousands of hours of product design, manufacture and support accrued in ours. To find out more click here to contact us.
Charles Francis Brush formed both the BRUSH Electric Company in Cleveland, Ohio and also the Anglo-American BRUSH Electric Light Corporation in London, England, in 1879.
Today, the BRUSH name lives on in the BRUSH Electric companies in Loughborough, England (where manufacture was moved in 1889), Plzen in the Czech Republic and Ridderkerk in the Netherlands. BRUSH continues to supply high quality products to the electric power industries both on and offshore.