Canadian Hydro Components (CHC) was incorporated in 1987 by Mike Dupuis, a passionate supporter of renewable energy and small hydro for most of his life. Previously, Mike had been an owner/operator of several hydroelectric plants. For over 25 years, Mike and a team of highly skilled designers, engineers, programmers and machinists have designed, manufactured and installed hydroelectric equipment for hundreds of projects around the world.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Energy - Hydro Power
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Canadian Hydro Components (CHC) is a leading Canadian designer and manufacturer of premium quality, competitively priced hydroelectric turbines. For over 25 years, CHC has provided custom-designed water-to-wire equipment packages for low and medium head hydro projects with outputs ranging from 100 kW to 25 MW for customers around the world. We are committed to supplying affordable, reliable, highly efficient turbines that contribute significantly to the profitability of our customers' hydro projects.
- Water-to-Wire Packages
- Axial Flow, Axial Flow Pit, Kaplan and Francis Turbines
- Replacement Runners and Upgrades
- Runner Repairs, Refurbishments and Modifications
'CHC is committed to providing innovative custom-designed water-to-wire solutions that consistently meet or exceed customer expectations and we feel that our product and service portfolio is second to none.'
CHC has provided equipment to hundreds of projects worldwide, including Australia, Poland, the Dominican Republic, and just about every state and province across the US and Canada. For most of these projects, CHC has supplied complete water-to-wire packages.
Research & Development
CHC’s hydroelectric turbines have earned a reputation for reliability and performance. CHC has made continual improvements to its turbines and water-to-wire packages for over 25 years across its axial flow, Kaplan and Francis product lines.
CHC has worked hard to ensure that its turbines remain class leaders for performance and reliability. CHC’s best-in-class strategy ensures our customers receive the most advanced and reliable turbine, control, switchgear, protection and generator packages currently available.
CHC has conducted research and development in the following areas:
- Development, in conjunction with Canada’s National Research Council (NRC), of advanced end-to-end computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modeling;
- Development of CHC’s next-generation Axial Flow Pit Turbine;
- Development of state-of-the-art hydraulic blade actuation systems for high head vertical Kaplan turbines;
- Design and fabrication technologies for large scroll cases;
- Development of advanced pattern methods for large castings;
- Improvements in the accuracy and usability of advanced machine tooling;
- Improvements in turbine runner and blade manufacturing processes;
- Open flume turbine technology;
- Permanent magnet generator (PMG) turbine technology; and,
- Controls technology.