Energy Project Management
Energy Project Management Ltd specialises in taking a product, project or company from concept to commercial realisation. We have a wide ranging experience across many industries and use this experience to develop projects in diverse fields. Our experience in oil and gas, transport, construction and nuclear energy equips us with the knowledge and contacts to drive every project towards completion. With a focus on renewables, we have experience in Biomass, Anaerobic Digestion, Wind, Wave, Tidal and Hydro projects, with a proven track record of successfully converting ideas into commercial success.
We have developed a detailed knowledge and data base of renewable resources, particularly marine and hydro where we have analysed the tides, measured the river velocities and developed the tools to ensure clear and concise proposals. Our experienced staff will support you and your business, project or product and work together to co-develop, implement and operate projects and deliver pre-arranged milestones.
- Concept evaluation including technical and commercial due diligence
- Site and conditions evaluation
- Strategic planning and grid connectability
- Section 36 planning requirements
- Engineering support
- Commercial support including contract management
- Environmental planning and site identification
- Identification of potential investors and funding support
- Installation planning, support and implementation
EPM senior consultants were responsible for the successful delivery of the Gardermoen Flytoget, a high speed train which runs on a custom built line between Oslo centre and Gardermoen airport. EPM consultants were responsible for the design, build, installation and commissioning of the Flytoget trains which is described as the most successful train introduction in history in terms of its on time delivery and on time performance.
- Understand the market place
- Managed the development of train systems
- Detailed experience in the operation and maintenance of rail systems
We are currently working with Composites Energy Solution (CES) AS to bring their manufacturing expertise and the Norwegian approach to subsea protection to Scotland. We are assisting in site location and the government support process to allow them to set up in Scotland with confidence.
We are sharing the risk and have plans to develop CES in Scotland into other market sectors to grow this business substantially over the coming years.
Many of EPM’s consultants and associates have a background in Oil & Gas and associated heavy industries giving them the perfect springboard to launch EPM to becoming one of the leading UK consultancies across a number of emerging and traditional industries.
- Subsea protection systems
- Over 30 years industry involvement
- Global market place
- Thriving Northern European sector
An editorial in The Times (22 June 1995) at the time of the Brent Spar issue concluded: 'Greenpeace’s latest victory is no victory for the North Sea. But there is a lesson for governments to draw from this bruising. However technical an issue – and decommissioning the detritus of the North Sea oil industry is highly technical – it is not enough to have sound strategies. They must be more effectively and openly explained. Where public trust is lacking, expect the Greenpeaces of the world to storm the field'.
We provide the technical expertise to implement the sound strategies.
Through our experience in decommissioning in the Nuclear Industry, we see strong parallels in using this experience in other industrial decommissioning projects. We would be happy to engage with any struggling projects or companies in this sector to help you to improve and deliver your desired results.
- Nuclear and oil and gas facilities decommissioning
- Detailed experience of nuclear decommissioning of nuclear facilities including Chapelcross power station and Dounreay nuclear facility
- Carried out third party project reviews of planned decommissioning activities at Sellafield for, and on behalf of, the Nuclear Decommissioning Agency
- Supported the decommissioning of Brent Spar in Norwegian Fjord