Gamesa Electric is a worldwide reference point in the electrical equipment sector (design and manufacturing) for markets such as photovoltaic, hydroelectric, nuclear, electrical traction, marine propulsion and wind power. The company has accumulated 25 years of experience in developing their own power electronics technologies, making it a pioneer in the market, and more than 80 years of experience manufacturing motors and electrical generators. Gamesa Electric provides complete, flexible solutions for electrical systems for wind power, photovoltaic, hydraulic, nuclear, electrical traction and marine propulsion with state-of-the-art manufacturing systems (`lean manufacturing`) - whether produced in series or answers custom-built for the particular needs of clients from across the globe.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Energy - Hydro Power
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
The company takes advantage of the technological and production capabilities from parent company Gamesa, a leading group in the technology industry. It also operates through its network of maintenance services in 36 countries and 5 continents, responding with flexibility and the optimal solution for the needs of their customers in various sectors.
Gamesa Electric's production centres hold the ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certificates.
The company is present in the following markets:
- Photovoltaic. With more than 1,500 photovoltaic power station inverters installed, Gamesa Electric has led the Spanish power electronics sector for investment in R+D and innovation since their arrival in 1979. In 1993, they designed and manufactured the first 450 kW photovoltaic power station inverter and the first IGBT 100 kW photovoltaic inverter in Europe, which is still in service today.
- Wind power. The company design, validate, manufacture and supply all the electrical system components for wind turbines; generator, converter and control cabins, with all of the available market technologies. Gamesa Electric was one of the first companies in the world to commercialise direct drive generators with full converters and are currently the sector leader with their permanent magnet generators.
- Hydroelectric energy. Gamesa Electric offers to the market synchronous generators for hydroelectric power plants, covering the so-called minihydraulic range of up to 40 MVA and 15kV. Hydroelectric energy is characterised by its high level of customisation, where each power station must be optimised in terms of the hydroelectric resources available and the facility's configuration.
- Nuclear. Gamesa Electric's 1E classification motors have been specially designed and installed in all of Spain's nuclear power plants, in both low and medium voltage. The company also carries out studies for substituting previously installed motors, offers maintenance and repair services and, by means of their own procedures, maintain or issue new 1E certificates for machines that have been inspected and/or repaired.
- Marine. The company has a varied range of alternators and motors available for marine use. Their technologies include synchronous induction machines and permanent magnet machines, with a range of up to 20 MW, to date, the greatest attained for electrical marine motors. During design, they take the requirements of Classification Societies as a reference to ensure the satisfactory integration of their motors with the boat's existing systems.
- FACTS. Gamesa Electric includes power electronics products especially designed for adapting the behaviour of wind farms and photovoltaic plants so they may guarantee continuity and quality of energy supply, according to the different requisits stipulated by the network codes. The company's FACTS portfolio includes solutions for generating reactive energy, controlling voltage, cancelling harmonics and for surpassing drops in voltage.
- Drives and converters. Gamesa Electric has a wide range of electrical converters and variators available for various uses, with solutions in both low and medium voltage (up to 3.3 kV). Needs for a greater voltage level are developed individually to meet the request of the customer.
- Electric vehicle. Gamesa Electric has charging points for electric vehicles, with monophasic and triphasic connections, offering charging modes 2 and 3, in their product portfolio. The infrastructures can also include their interconnection by means of a communications system linked to a management software platform, this allows the charging to be remotely administered.
- Permanent magnets. The company (pioneer and a reference point in this product field) have developed machines with magnets in the multi-megawatt power range.
- Custom-built solutions. Gamesa Electric completes its portfolio with custom-built solutions, for both rotating electrical machines and power electronics (battery chargers, UPS -Uninterupted Power Systems-, active filters, etc.).
Gamesa Electric's experience and know-how in the industrial electrical equipment sector allows the company to offer a portfolio of solutions for rotating electrical machines and power electronics, adapted to the needs of each client and project.
The engineering design team and the production installations stand out for their high flexibility and adaptability to all types of project, being it the personalised delivery of a single unit or small and large series of the same equipment.
Gamesa Electric counts on latest generation technology to develop its products (mechanical, electrical and thermal design), using the most advanced simulation and calculation tools. Many of the tools have been developed internally, especially for the production of high-power permanent magnets, a market sector in which Gamesa Electric is pioneer and worldwide leader.
Each of Gamesa Electric's production centres includes international certificates for their quality, environment and health and safety in the workplace management systems (ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001, respectively). In addition, certificates and specific audits are available for certain markets.
To combine the flexibility required to meet personalised manufacturing and standardised products in large series, the company relies on production techniques typical of the automotive and aeronautic sectors, such as 'lean manufacturing', Kanban cards or the 'Pull & Just in Time' production method.
Gamesa Electric dedicates special attention to the validation of all its products, being subjected to a demanding series of approval and standardisation tests, in both our own test rigs and those of approved independent bodies. The final aim is to ensure compliance with each and every requirement of the client's technical specifications. Equally, transparency is another of the key values in the relation between Gamesa Electric and its clients, giving them the opportunity to see the different approval tests performed on their products.