Gamesa Electric is a worldwide reference point in the electrical equipment sector (design and manufacturing) for markets such as photovoltaic, hydroelectric, energy storage, electrical traction, marine propulsion and wind power. The company has accumulated more than 35 years of experience in developing their own power electronics technologies, making it a pioneer in the market, and more than 85 years of experience manufacturing electric motors and generators. Gamesa Electric provides complete, flexible solutions for electrical systems for wind power, photovoltaic, hydraulic, energy storage, electrical traction and marine propulsion with state-of-the-art manufacturing systems (`lean manufacturing`) - whether produced in series or answers custom-built for the particular needs of clients from across the globe.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Renewable Energy
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
The company takes advantage of the technological and production capabilities from parent company Gamesa, a leading group in the technology industry and its network of maintenance infrastructures, servicing more than 21.000MW in the wind sector in 5 continents, responding with flexibility and the optimal solution for the needs of their customers in various sectors. â€¨
Gamesa Electric's production centres hold the ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certificates.
The company is present in the following markets:
- Photovoltaic. With more than 1,800 photovoltaic power station inverters installed, Gamesa Electric has led the Spanish power electronics sector for investment in R+D and innovation since their arrival in 1979. In 1993, they designed and manufactured the first 450 kW photovoltaic power station inverter and the first IGBT 100 kW photovoltaic inverter in Europe, which is still in service today. In 2016, the company introduces its new series of central PV inverters at 1500Vdc
- Wind power. The company design, validate, manufacture and supply all the electrical system components for wind turbines; generator, converter and control cabins, with all of the available market technologies. Gamesa Electric was one of the first companies in the world to commercialise direct drive generators with full converters and are currently the sector leader with their permanent magnet generators.
- Hydroelectric energy. Gamesa Electric offers to the market synchronous generators for hydroelectric power plants, covering the so-called minihydraulic range of up to 40 MVA and 15kV. Hydroelectric energy is characterised by its high level of customisation, where each power station must be optimised in terms of the hydroelectric resources available and the facility's configuration.
- Energy Storage. Gamesa Electric offers to the market battery agnostic bi-directional power converters for electrochemical energy storage systems. Additionally, the company offers PPCs (Power Plant Controllers) and has supply agreements in force with battery manufactures, both for power or energy applications.
- Marine. The company has a varied range of alternators and motors available for marine use. Their technologies include synchronous induction machines and permanent magnet machines, with a range of up to 20 MW, to date, the greatest attained for electrical marine motors. During design, they take the requirements of Classification Societies as a reference to ensure the satisfactory integration of their motors with the boat's existing systems.
- FACTS. Gamesa Electric includes power electronics products especially designed for adapting the behaviour of wind farms and photovoltaic plants so they may guarantee continuity and quality of energy supply, according to the different requisites stipulated by the network codes. The company's FACTS portfolio includes solutions for generating reactive energy, controlling voltage, cancelling harmonics and for surpassing drops in voltage.
- Drives, converters and electric rotating machines for industrial aplication. Gamesa Electric has a wide range of electrical converters and drives available for various uses, with solutions in both low and medium voltage (up to 3.3 kV). Needs for a greater voltage level are developed individually to meet the request of the customer. Additionally, the company has an extensive track record in the field of industrial motors, both in low voltage or medium voltage, for industries like steel, mining, cement,…
- Diesel. Electric generators for GenSet application. Gamesa Electric, one of the world’s leading providers of design, development and manufacturing of electrical equipment, takes another step forward in the genset market with the launch of the GAE PO 63/71 series for medium voltage genset ranging from 2 to 3.5 MVA. Additionally, thanks to its strong engineering team and flexible production processes, the company offers products tailored to the customer’s needs and conform to any international standards.
- Electric vehicle. Gamesa Electric has charging points for electric vehicles, with monophasic and triphasic connections, offering charging modes 2 and 3, in their product portfolio. The infrastructures can also include their interconnection by means of a communications system linked to a management software platform, this allows the charging to be remotely administered.
- Permanent magnets. The company (pioneer and a reference point in this product field) have developed machines with magnets in the multi-megawatt power range (nowadays, up to 8MW).
- Custom-built solutions. Gamesa Electric completes its portfolio with custom-built solutions, for both rotating electrical machines and power electronics (battery chargers, UPS-Uninterrupted Power Systems-, active filters, 1E qualified motors, etc.).
- Development of new 1500Vdc series of central PV inverters (Gamesa E-2.25 MVA, indoor and outdoor versions)
- Introduction on the market of electric generators for Diesel gensets
- Gamesa Electric merges all its subsidiaries, joining all its product portfolio under the same commercial brand
- Development of bi-directional PV inverters for energy storage applications
- The company is awarded the supply contract of a 8MW permanent magnet electric generator for the Adwen AD-8-180 wind turbine
- The company surpasses the accumulated mark of 1.000MW in deliveries of electric generators for the hydro market
- The company delivers more than 100MW in PV central inverters within this year.
- Development of new liquid cooled PV central inverters Gamesa E-1,4MVA and Gamesa E-1,3MVA.
- Integration of the experience and equipment from the electrical equipment sector in Gamesa Electric, for markets such as photovoltaics, hydraulic and nuclear, electrical traction and marine propulsion, in addition to wind power
- Supply of ten PLUS photovoltaic inverters for the first project with SKY SOLAR in Bulgaria
- Gamesa Electric consolidates itself in the European hydroelectric market with contracts in Norway, Turkey, Italy and Spain
- Contracts are signed for the first project in the hydroelectric market of Africa
- Gamesa Electric reaches 213 MW supplied to hydroelectric plants in Turkey
- Completed the first photovoltaic facility in India, placing themselves in a market with great potential for development, whilst at the same time broadening their presence in China, Eastern Europe and Latin America.
- Construction and startup of the power electronic and control cabinets factory in China
- Supply of the first propulsion motor (of a total of four) for the S80 submarines, constructed by Navantia for the Spanish Navy
- The company receives orders for hydroelectric projects in Spain, Italy, Turkey and Panama
- Delivery of hydraulic equipment providing a total of 130 MW to clients in Spain, Austria and Slovenia, plus 45 units of submerged permanent magnet generators for the ASHTA1 project in Albania
- Support for the electric vehicle, with the creation of a charging point products portfolio
- Gamesa Electric is awarded the contract for the design and manufacture of 90 submerged permanent magnet generators for the 'ASHTA' hydroelectric project in Albania
- First deliveries of synchronous generators for hydraulic generating in Turkey
- Construction of a factory for electric generators for wind turbines in China, integrated into the Gamesa manufacturing plant in Tianjin
- Development of the complete range of 1E qualified electric motors for nuclear power plants
- Contract is signed for the design and manufacture of the electrical system (drive and permanent magnet motor) for Navantia's S80 series of submarines.
- Construction of the Lean power electronic and control cabinets factory in Benisanó
- Gamesa includes their Enertrón activities as a unit of electronic development for application in renewable energies
- Gamesa acquires Cantarey, specialists in manufacturing generators
- Start of wind farm activity in Reinosa, with the manufacture of direct drive generators for 750 kW wind turbines, for the Dutch company Lagerwey
- Delivery of two 4,200 kW synchronous motor units operating at 50 rpm (140 T) for the Chinese steel industry
- Supply of the first European 100 kVA inverter with IGBT’s for photovoltaic energy in the Toledo PV plant, for 1 MW
- Foundation of Enertrón, dedicated to the design and manufacture of power electronic equipment: medium and high power UPS's for electrical power plants and industrial plants
Foundation of Cantarey (at the time Cenemesa), dedicated to the design and manufacture of motors and electrical generators