Geothermal Resource Group, Inc. is an industry leader in geothermal engineering with over 150-years of combined experience in drilling geothermal wells, designing geothermal power systems, conducting reservoir assessments, and managing drilling projects. We are a principal geothermal service provider, specializing in geothermal resources worldwide.
From geothermal energy exploration to on site drilling management and development planning, Geothermal Resource Group Inc. (GRG) provides complete, cost-effective solutions for your resource engineering needs. GRG can help you minimize drilling and development costs without compromising long-life, well production. Our hands-on team of geothermal experts averages over 20 years’ geothermal experience per professional, in 18 countries on 6 continents and at 87 hot water and steam fields worldwide. We are the geothermal resource experts in the industry. Let GRG assist you with the planning, development, optimization, and management for a successful geothermal endeavor.
Our collective team of geothermal engineers has experience in all types of geothermal fields including the following examples:
- Dry steam in The Geysers
- Saturated brine in the Salton Sea
- Two phase flow throughout the industry
- Low enthalpy wells in Idaho and Nevada
- Artesian basin and range geothermal wells
Founded in 1992, our company is headquartered in Palm Desert, California. Geothermal Resource Group is owned by Bill Rickard, a licensed Professional Engineer and recognized industry expert with over 30 years of experience.
Our management and field operations staff is comprised of known leaders and innovators in the areas geothermal drilling, engineering and operations. Individual staff includes professional petroleum and, geological and mining engineers, and geologists and geophysicists, along with geothermal drilling professionals who are members of several professional organizations and hold various well control and safety certifications.
- Drilling Engineering—designing geothermal wells and drilling programs.
- Onsite Management—providing drilling supervision and select onsite services.
- Resource Quantification—designing geothermal well flow tests to quantify and model productive capacity.
- Special Operations—helping manage geothermal drilling challenges.
- Training—classroom and online educational courses.
Why Hire Us
- Our people are top hands trained in the art of geothermal drilling the Bill Rickard way.
- We've managed complex projects around the world.
- We're truly independent. We don't own rigs or equipment, so we choose them in an unbiased way.
- We minimize costs without compromise to the design goal of long-life productive wells.