IBBK Fachgruppe Biogas GmbH
Our priority is to promote and support the development of biogas and to provide an efficient application for a sustainable future. Latest research and applicability are the cornerstones of our work. We are facing this challenge both in the cradle of biogas development in Germany and worldwide. We focus on daily practice and our worldwide network of experts. We are happy to share two decades of experience with you and our members.Take advantage of our unprecedented practice-oriented training, independent consultation and the results of our international research projects.
Find locations served, office locations and our distributors
- Business Type:
- Training provider
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
We promote and support developments in the biogas sector and facilitate the efficient application for a sustainable future.
If you are a biogas plant operator, researcher, investor, practitioner or project facilitator, we help you with specific knowledge and expert advice.
For the last 20 years, we’ve “unlocked” the complexity of the biogas process during our live and online events, consultations and project work – locally, nationally and internationally.
We focus on daily practice and our global network of experts, arming you with specific, practical knowledge and connecting you to the decision makers and the latest technology.
Check our event schedule below, book a personalized consultation session or discover our research projects.
- More than 2000 participants participated in IBBK’s national and international biogas trainings since 2001
- Since 2009, English-language courses in Germany and abroad as well as study tours have been offered to almost 600 participants
- International IBBK training courses took place in 28 countries
- In scientific cooperation, IBBK has worked with over 30 universities and research institutes on more than 50 projects
- Since its inception, IBBK has produced over 150 feasibility studies
- IBBK’s international conferences were attended by more than 2000 participants
The name IBBK stands for ‘International Biogas and Bioenergy Competence Center‘.
IBBK Fachgruppe Biogas GmbH, and other well-known and established training providers in the field of renewable energies, joined the ‘Schulungsverbund BIOGAS‘
The state of Land Baden-Württemberg and EU ELER commissioned IBBK to provide independent consulting to biogas operators on planned and existing biogas plants. This consultancy is subsidised by the EU at 50 %.
IBBK also won the second installment of this commissioned consultancy in 2018. The subsidy has been increased to 80 %.
The current training courses have been advanced on the three levels of demand:
- Established = Biogas #INTENSIV | Aspiring = Biogas #HANDS ON | Emerging = Biogas #TRAINING
- In addition to the feasibility studies, the independent consultations for planned and existing facilities, according to the consulting mandate of the State of Baden-Württemberg, are increasingly offered today.
- The second pillar are EU-funded research projects, which are being carried out in partnership with universities and organisations in Europe.
IBBK is a member in a group of selected non-profit organisations and associations that strive toward the same goal that motivates us:
Pushing sustainable biogas and bioenergy production worldwide.
IBBK`s International Partners
During our worldwide activities we regularly get in touch with local businesses, interest groups and individuals who share our enthusiasm in the areas of biogas, bioenergy and sustainable energy supply.
These international relationships help us share our many years of knowledge and experience directly with like-minded people around the world, and to expand our ever-growing international network even faster.
Below we have listed a selection of our international partners in short profiles.
Do you want to become a cooperation partner and benefit from the concentrated knowledge as well as profit from special advantages during our events? Send us a message via the contact form below – we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.