Leading Edge is a British designer and manufacturer of efficient, quiet and reliable small wind turbines. We also have the expertise to specify and supply entire off-grid remote power systems using our wide range of high performance solar panels. Leading Edge’s wind turbines are generating clean, reliable and renewable power on all seven continents. Our wind turbines have been providing power in challenging climates such as the Antarctic; a testament to the endurance and reliability of our products. We provide an extensive range of wind turbines with their associated accessories, including a 50W, 150W, 300W, 600W and 3kW machine. This range provides the basis for a large number of different applications, such as: small wind generators for boats, mission critical industrial applications, wind turbines for road signage, remote telemetry and decentralised power systems. We only use industrial deep-cycle batteries from the most reliable manufacturers worldwide.
At Leading Edge we manufacture the hugely popular LE-300 and LE-450 horizontal wind turbines, the rugged and compact vertical turbines LE-v50 and LE-v150, and the more powerful LE-600 and LE-3000 with a peak power of 3kW. Often called 'small' wind turbines, all of our wind generators are built to withstand the harshest environments.
Hybrid power systems allow you to harvest as much of the power of nature as possible. Not only can they produce electricity on a calm sunny day, but they also give you the ability to generate power overnight and on those days when the sun shines. With a hybrid system, your solar panels will come into their own and keep your system operating, even without wind to turn a turbine. Power from both sources is normally stored in a bank of batteries.
Off-grid power solutions from Leading Edge use the highest quality products, from our British-made wind turbines to the most efficient solar panels and hardest working batteries available. One of the most important aspects of any renewable energy system is that it is 'right for you', meeting your specific needs, generating the right amount of power when you need it. In some cases, a wind-only or solar-only system is the best choice, but in others, we recommend a hybrid wind-solar system.
We know that the amount of choices available can be daunting sometimes. Let us put together a package for you, or choose from one of our solar panel, wind turbine or hybrid power kits, which include everything you need to get started. Alternatively, feel free to get in touch and we will do the hard work for you. A good starting point is our application specific sections, which include an overview of the type of system you might need:
- Our mission is to engineer and offer a complete range of small wind turbines, both vertical and horizontal axis turbines for different applications - on land and sea.
- We have selected the best quality solar panels possible, giving unrivalled cell efficiency in all weather conditions and with module sizes that are 50%% smaller than the competition.
- We are experts at small wind turbine design and manufacture.
- We provide solutions, not just products!
- All our products are manufactured in our UK based factory where our systems and procedures are quality assured under ISO9001:2008
- We are different because our products offer superior performance, whilst being robust enough to withstand storm force winds
- Our products are precision engineered with only two moving parts (one for the vertical turbines) so little maintenance is required during the turbine’s long operating life
We have in-house expertise to design, specify and supply entire off-grid systems, utilising a range of power sources customised to your specific requirements. Working with our clients, we can engineer the best choice of system components – wind turbine, solar panels, generator, battery banks and control gear. These can all be supplied pre-configured so you can have total confidence in your solution.