Nexterra Systems Corp.
Nexterra Systems Corp. is a global leader in the development and supply of community scale gasification systems that convert non-recyclable organic waste into clean, renewable heat and power. The systems are designed around Nexterra`s proven gasification platform that has over 200,000 hours of commercial operation. Nexterra has completed nine commercial projects in North America and the United Kingdom. The company also has two projects under construction in the UK. Nexterra`s customers include the MWH Global, the University of British Columbia and Kruger Products.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Nexterra offers modular packages that can produce 5 – 50 MWth of thermal energy or 2 – 17 MWe of electricity. Nexterra's products deliver higher reliability, lower emissions and greater fuel flexibility compared to conventional energy-from-waste systems. In the United Kingdom, the Nexterra system meets the criteria of an Advanced Conversion Technology (ACT) which qualifies operators for certain regulatory and financial advantages over conventional technologies.
Incorporated in 2003, Nexterra is a private company with an experienced team of employees working in Canada and the United Kingdom.
Nexterra Systems Corp. is not affiliated with NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
To make the world cleaner and more sustainable by creating valuable energy and chemicals from local, renewable waste
A leading global provider of plant-scale, energy from renewable waste systems
- Strive to be the best.
- Celebrate our accomplishments but never settle for what we have today.
- Commit to delivering real results.
- Create value for our customers and the company.
Integrity and Teamwork
- Clarify expectations and keep our promises.
- Demonstrate professionalism.
- Be open and honest.
- Take care of and respect others.
- Help each other to accomplish our goals. We can achieve more as a team
- than we can individually.
- Seek to understand the bigger picture.
- Learn from each other and from the outside.
- Approach business and technical challenges as an opportunity to learn,
- achieve and build strong relationships.
- Find new solutions to old problems.
- Challenge convention.
Nexterra's core expertise is the design and supply of clean, reliable gasification systems that are “built to last” and that create valuable heat, power and chemicals from local, renewable waste. Nexterra’s innovative systems are ideally suited to a wide range of energy applications including district heating, industrial process heating, distributed power generation and others.
To support its growth, Nexterra is seeking to collaborate with alliance partners in the development of new solutions and new markets, as well as the development and delivery of projects in Nexterra's established markets. Whether you are an EPC firm, an equipment supplier, a technology developer or an independent power producer, there may be an opportunity for us to create value with you by working together.
A variety of partnering options are available, including licensing.
Nexterra's team possesses extensive skills and experience in system design, permitting, project execution, customer support and service, and product development. Several members of Nexterra's management and senior engineering/project delivery team have joined Nexterra after extensive careers with major suppliers of wood combustion technologies and power generation systems.
Nexterra's core competencies include:
- System design – including controls and electrical engineering
- Fabrication and procurement
- Construction and installation management
- Integration of new systems into existing plant operations
- Feedstock storage and handling
- System commissioning and training
- Ongoing customer support, training and service.
Nexterra can also provide value-added support in a number of additional areas related to the development of your project:
- Feedstock sourcing, procurement and testing
- Community consultation and air permitting requirements
- New applications development, testing and design.