At Rolls-Royce, we believe in the positive, transforming potential of technology. We pioneer the power that matters. Power that has an impact and is central to the successful functioning of the modern world. Rolls-Royce pioneers cutting-edge technologies that deliver clean, safe and competitive solutions to meet our planet’s vital power needs.To meet the demands of a growing, more connected society, the power that matters must be sustainable power – this is our challenge. Our technology will play a fundamental role in enabling the transition to a low carbon global economy. Our technology will play a fundamental role in enabling the transition to a low carbon global economy. We have pledged to achieve net zero carbon in our operations by 2030 and we will play a crucial role in enabling the sectors in which we operate reach net zero carbon by 2050.
As a broad-based power and propulsion provider, we operate in some of the most complex, critical systems at the heart of global society.
We pioneer the power that matters. Power that is vital to the success of our customers and which drives the functioning of the modern world. We harness the potential of cutting-edge technologies to create safe, cleaner and more efficient power and propulsion solutions. We push the boundaries of what is possible as pioneers.
We operate in some of the most complex and critical parts of the global economy, from transport and energy to the built environment. Our products and services enable our customers to connect people, societies, cultures and economies together; they meet the growing need for power generation across multiple industries; and enable governments to equip their armed forces with the power required to protect their citizens.Vision
We create industrial technologies using expertise built over many years, that puts us in a leadership position. We combine distinct engineering disciplines to deliver highly complex power and propulsion solutions in the air, at sea and on land, building long-term relationships with our customers through service packages.
The thread linking the Group together is the technical and engineering expertise needed to create power for very challenging applications. We share this expertise across the Group and create value through deployment in our multiple markets as required by customer demand.Mission
Global economic growth and rising prosperity are expected to lead to increased demand for travel, trade and energy. As demand for power rises, so are calls from customers for that power to be more compatible with combatting climate change. We believe there are significant business growth opportunities to come from Rolls-Royce playing a leading role in the transition to net zero. At the same time, climate change poses a potentially significant risk to our business to which we must respond with the appropriate governance, risk management, strategic resilience and metrics. We are well positioned to capture the structural growth opportunity presented by the global energy transition and we are excited to be playing a leading role in enabling our customers make the move to net zero.Our values and behaviours
- Trust: We strive to outperform the expectation of key stakeholders. We have to earn trust every day and always remember it is easy to lose.
- Integrity: We live up to all of our ethical principles and we demonstrate this by being true to ourselves and showing honesty and good judgement in all we do.
- Safety: We put health and safety first. We care about the health and safety of our people and our products.
- Embrace Agility: We explore different ways of doing things, we respond quickly and adapt to challenges.
- Be Bold: We believe in ourselves, push boundaries and speak up.
- Pursue Collaboration: We find strength in working together, both inside and outside of our business, and value the diversity of people and perspectives.
- Seek Simplicity: We keep it simple and remove complexity, in how we communicate and the way we work.
Near-term areas of focus
We are capitalising on the opportunities presented by our long-term customer relationships and installed product base; growing our capabilities in sustainable power; harnessing new digital technologies and creating new business opportunities. Many of these individual elements, such as the drive for sustainable power, are fundamental to our future direction. We are on a journey to create a better quality and more balanced business. As we look at the near term, there are three areas upon which we are focusing:Delivering on our commitments
We made clear commitments alongside our fund raising in late 2020, which we must deliver and which will assist us in rebuilding our balance sheet and achieving our mid-term ambition of returning to an investment grade credit rating. We have completed our restructuring, assisting us in meeting our pledge to turn cash flow positive during the second half of 2021. We have also announced a series of agreements as a result of our programme to raise around £2bn from disposals.Our cross-cutting capability and assets that support our strategy
- Brand and heritage : Our brand has global appeal; is enduring; engages a wide range of stakeholders; and is a powerful tool for attracting customers, partners and talent.
- People and culture We create an environment where all our people can be at their best. We work hard to release their full potential.
- Innovation and technology : Delivering highly complex systems solutions has enabled us to build a significant breadth of disciplines; while the nature of our products means we have acquired extraordinary depth.
- Partnerships :We build meaningful relationships with partners across the value chain.
- Global network and infrastructure : Our geographic footprint ensures we are able to serve customers where they need us.
- Digitalisation : We use digital tools and skills across our business to enable growth without a commensurate increase in costs.
- Business excellence :We drive a culture of continuous improvement.