Romax Technology is a global provider of integrated software and services for the design, analysis and optimization of gearbox, bearings and driveline systems across automotive, wind energy, bearings, off road, rail, marine and aerospace.
- Business Type:
- Software vendor
- Industry Type:
- Energy - Wind Energy
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
We are a global leader in software and services for gearbox, bearings and driveline systems.
We have more than 220 customers worldwide in automotive, wind, bearings, aerospace, marine, off highway and rail, including:
- 100+ automotive customers, including 14 of the world's top 15 auto manufacturers
- The world's top six bearing manufacturers
- 60 offshore and onshore wind farm operators who rely on InSight software and services to optimise operations and reduce the cost of energy
As a business founded on inspiration, innovation and improvement, we have been working since 1989 to provide:
- Consulting - trusted advice and practical problem-solving that enable you to achieve measurable and sustainable process improvements
- Software - targeted design and analysis tools for designers, analysts and engineers that support management goals
- Services - proven engineering and support services, from concept and detailed designs through analysis to validation, testing, manufacture and end-to-end process improvements
We have 250 employees including 120 in the UK, with more than 50% educated to Master's degree or higher. Our global engineering team cover 40 specialisations across consulting, process improvement, design, analysis, testing and manufacturing.
We have 12 offices in the USA, China, Japan, Korea, India and Europe which enables us to provide services with local knowledge across the globe.
With our customers, we take a 'whole solution' approach to help you solve critical challenges and get it Right First Time™. Our proven approach can:
- Cut design time by 60%
- Reduce analysis time by over 80%
- Save 30% on prototyping costs
- Improve end product delivery
- Reduce time to market
To ensure we are always delivering the latest in technologies and solutions we are continuously investing in Research and Development (R&D), including projects with leading commercial, government and academic organisations.
We are members of:
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- Helicopter Association International
- American Gear Manufacturers Association
- British Gears Association
- University of Cincinnati - Hypoid and Bevel Gear Mesh
- Dynamic Consortium
- Societe des Ingenieurs de l'Automobile
We are one Romax: a flexible collaborative team of engineering specialists that incorporates the best talent from around the world, and focuses all our skills, abilities and resources on delivering for customers.
Four principles underpin our business:
We engineer a better world - we deliver what our customers need, when they need it, to succeed in their chosen areas. Our focus is on developing and delivering products and services that are technically superior, inherently sustainable and deliver measurable benefits.
We ensure innovation is at the heart of everything we do - our company is based on smart people thinking differently. It’s our job to consistently push forward the technical and scientific boundaries of what is possible. Based on our track record, we know that we can apply our intellect, experience and analytical skills to solve a multitude of customer problems and engineering issues. We also know that, sometimes, clarity and simplicity are far more valuable than needless complexity.
We strive to continuously improve - we take pride in our work and we never stand still. We believe that there is always a better way of doing things and we are committed to improve and progress - in our products, our processes and our people. We also understand the importance of working meticulously and of paying extraordinary attention to detail - the only way to achieve true quality and excellence.
We deliver value and build loyalty through longterm partnerships - we treat our customers as valued business partners, with shared interests and goals. We work alongside the world’s leading engineers, technology providers, manufacturers, government agencies, research teams and academic institutions.
Our quality management commitment is designed to ensure that all Romax products and services are quality assured and delivered in line with industry best practice.
Our CEO has Board-level responsibility for quality and QA issues across the organisation. Our approach includes regular reviews and updates of quality documentation and procedures to reflect changing circumstances, customer requirements and the latest working practices.
We are certified to ISO 9001, the world’s most popular standard for quality management.
Romax is committed to maintaining a high level of information security and is certified to ISO 27001.
This is the international standard that provides a model for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, and maintaining information security management systems.
As part of our commitment to ISO 27001, we are continually striving to improve and extend our information security systems and procedures to ensure the highest level of client confidentiality and data security, whilst providing assurance to our customers who will benefit from this continual programme of review and improvement.
Romax's Research & Development (R&D) function is powered by intellectual ability, engineering knowledge and relevant industry experience. Our investments in market-driven developments are driven by our desire to deliver the latest in industry innovation for our clients and partners.
Our R&D function drives
- Ongoing software developments
- New engineering and analytics toolsets
- Supports joint research initiatives
- Assists in client-focused commercial consultancy projects that demand highly specific skills
We are currently working in a wide range of projects across automotive, electric vehicles and hybrids, off highway, aerospace and wind energy. We work in close collaboration with other industry leaders, manufacturers and engineering specialists and with government, academic and international organizations to deliver innovative solutions to pressing business and technical challenges.
- Specialised skills - our team applies computational methods, applied mathematics and novel thinking to solve complex engineering issues
- System influences - capturing system interactions across the appropriate domains in the most effective way
- Doing precisely what’s needed - use the appropriate level of model complexity to solve the problems at hand
- A better world - our R&D is not for academic indulgence. It is to provide engineering insight so that our colleagues, clients and partners can design better products
Romax R&D: our current focus
We are focused on the issues that matter to industry our clients:
- Energy efficiency – reducing losses in drivelines, making more efficient use of power sources
- Dynamics – modeling and simulation to understand and improve all aspects of dynamics
- Engineering processes – developing powerful methodologies and tools to support faster and more informed engineering decision making, towards Right First Time™