SgurrEnergy Ltd. is a leading independent engineering consultancy specialising in worldwide renewable energy projects. We have the capability to deliver at every phase of a project, from the early stages of site selection, feasibility and design right through to project management of the construction phase and operation and maintenance. Our multi-disciplinary consultants have extensive sustainable energy experience worldwide. To date we have assessed over 65,000MW of renewable energy development internationally and this figure is growing rapidly every month. Our clients include utilities, financiers, developers and many other public and private sector organisations.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Engineering service provider
- Industry Type:
- Renewable Energy
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
SgurrEnergy, a Wood Group company, is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy specialising in renewable energy. Providing engineering and technical advisory services in onshore and offshore wind, solar, wave and tidal and hydro projects, our global team of over 100 engineers and consultants has extensive international experience having assessed over 65,000MW of renewable energy developments worldwide.
Established in 2002 by Directors Ian and Steve, UK operations are based at our headquarters in Glasgow. Our first international office was opened in Beijing, China in 2006 followed by an office in Pune, India in 2007. We also have offices in Argyll, the north of Scotland, Ireland (Wexford), France (Paris), Canada (Vancouver) and the USA (Portland, Maine). In September 2010, SgurrEnergy became a Wood Group company, joining the Wood Group Kenny business unit. This supports our ongoing strategy to expand and enhance our renewable energy capability. Wood Group Kenny’s extensive offshore project experience, together with our specific renewable energy expertise and proprietary technology, will create a leading player in the renewable energy services sector.
Wood Group is an international energy services company with $5.5bn sales, employing more than 34,000 people worldwide and operating in 50 countries. The Group has three businesses - Engineering, Wood Group PSN and Gas Turbine Services - providing a range of engineering, production support, maintenance management and industrial gas turbine overhaul and repair services to the oil & gas, and power generation industries worldwide.
Wood Group Kenny
Wood Group Kenny is the world's largest specialist subsea, pipeline and riser engineering and management contractor employing more than 1,700 at 20 permanent locations worldwide. Wood Group Kenny comprises of five companies:
- J P Kenny
- MCS Kenny
- MSi Kenny
To create value for our clients by successfully harnessing the expertise of our highly skilled multi-disciplinary engineering team in the design, delivery and operation of high quality sustainable energy solutions worldwide.
SgurrEnergy is committed to delivering a greener future by:
- Providing technical excellence to ensure the successful delivery of renewable and sustainable energy projects globally promptly and on budget.
- Delivering outstanding service to our clients to ensure they benefit from the profitable development of renewable energy projects.
- Making a significant contribution to sustainable development by advising on the reduction of carbon footprints locally and globally.
- Bringing environmental, economic and social benefits to local and regional communities around the world.
- Supporting and promoting clean, secure and economically viable renewable energy developments to ensure decreased dependence on fossil fuels with the aim of mitigating the worst effects of climate change.
- Deliver excellence in terms of technical quality, service, safety and value
- Maintain our flexibility and adaptability as we continue to grow
- Maintain our integrity at all times and communicate openly
- Drive to achieve progress for our clients and our planet
- Respect other people, communities and our environment