The National Biomass Association (BGBIOM)
The National Biomass Association (BGBIOM – Bulgaria) was created in the autumn of 1998. In October same year BGBIOM became member of European Biomass Association (AEBIOM). The aim of NBA is to propagate the growth of different plants for non-food use. NBA aims also to co-ordinate and facilitate the research and development works in the fields of biomass resources, biofuel production technologies, biofuel market in the transport, heat and energy sector, as well as in the field of biomass non-energy products. NBA plans to realise these aims by taking part in different EU programs. In 1998 year NBA-Bulgaria was involved in the project „Let’s give floor to the farmers” in the frame of ALTENER program as subcontractor of AEBIOM.
AIMS AND PURPOSES
- Defense of the professional rights of the people working in the field of biomass in the country and confirmation of their equality under law, state and employers.
- Representation of their interests towards the authorities and employers.
- Participation in the social collaboration.
- Improvement of the parameters of the current methods of cultivating and manufacturing of the biomass and therefore parameter of the environment.
- Increasing the possibility of production of energy and materials for the biomass industry.
- Propagandizing general conclusions for surmounting difficulties before the use of biomass.
- Improving international cooperating in the biomass sphere.
- Assistance in realization of international projects.
- Initiation of science developments.
BGBIOM accomplishes these aims by:
- Propaganda and information for approval of science activities, connected with production and application of the biomass in the Industry and Energetic (publishing of a news bulletin; circulation of documents)
- Organizing the publishing of materials and education (courses, seminars, conferences, symposia, exhibitions)
- Publishing (connected with collaboration with schools at all levels)
- Co-operating with organizations in this field including foreign and international organizations
- Consultative and expert activity
- Creating and maintenance of the card-index of specialists in this sphere