Tradewinds Power Corp was founded in 1978 as an original equipment manufacturer of diesel and natural gas generator sets, diesel power units and pump sets along with marine generator sets and propulsion engines. Our products cover a wide range of kilowatts and horsepower and incorporate the latest technological features and comply with all local emission regulations. Our primary manufacturing location and corporate headquarters is located in Miami, FL, at the gateway to Latin America and the Caribbean. We also have a branch office in Sebring, FL, serving the Central Florida Ag market and strategically positioned dealers to provide parts, service and technical support. The dedication of our employees is our greatest strength and we look forward to providing you with the highest quality products and service. Please call one of our sales professionals or visit one of our facilities to experience the Tradewinds` difference.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Energy - Power Distribution
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
- April 1st South Florida Diesel Corp was opened having secured the distribution rights for Perkins diesel engines in South Florida. Within 3 years the company was the largest Perkins distributor in North America.
- Company name was changed to Southeast Diesel Corp as the company expanded opening new branch operation in Jacksonville, FL as Perkins Power Corp.
- Tradewinds was established as the OEM manufacturing segment of the company producing diesel generator sets, pump sets and power units.
- John Deere appointed Tradewinds Power Corp as the factory authorized engine distributor for the Caribbean, Central and South America.
- Company opens new branch operation in Sebring, FL to provide and service power units and pump sets sold into Florida's Ag market.
- Perkins Power Corp is awarded the Perkins distribution for eight southeastern states and expanded its' Jacksonville facility to 40,000 sq ft.
- Tom Tracy becomes the President of Southeast Diesel Corp, succeeding his father.
- Tradewinds Power Corp is assigned direct OEM status by John Deere.
- Tradewinds is awarded UL2200 generator set certification.