Ascent - Model AMS Series - DC Power System
Advanced Energy’s front-line DC generator provides performance and reliability required in dual-magnetron sputtering applications.
- Arcs are actively managed, versus a generic pre-set arc response
- Less than 0.4 mJ per 1 kW of output energy
- Stable, repeatable process through arcing conditions
- Primary/secondary for high power applications
- Higher power levels with reduced arc damage
As manufacturing techniques advance, new materials and cathode designs pose greater challenges to process stability and film repeatability. Ascent® AMS power supplies deliver stable, repeatable power, regardless of process material or cathode design. The AMS provides advanced arc management, allowing maximum power delivery with faster recovery to process. Extreme fast recovery also means extremely low energy delivered through arcs, preventing substrate damage.
For high power applications, the Ascent AMS can be used in primary/secondary configuration. Common applications include output configurations over 100 kW. However, the combined water/air cooling design keeps the generator footprint to a minimum.
- Obtain high film quality and throughput
- Reduce film, substrate, and equipment damage
- Achieve stable throughput and power delivery under extreme arcing conditions
- Easily integrate and control
- Arc Management System™ (AMS) technology — customer pre-sets for metal and ceramic targets
- Set Point Compensation™ technology
- Arc Sync® technology — primary/secondary up to 12 units
- Ethernet, EtherCAT®, DeviceNet®, Profibus, RS-232/485, Ethernet/IP, and analog communications