Corix GeoExchange - Transfer Heat Systems
From Energy Systems
GeoExchange systems utilize a constant, renewable, and free energy source – the warmth that is naturally stored within the earth – to provide efficient heating, cooling, and domestic hot water.
Safe, clean, reliable, and efficient. GeoExchange systems transfer heat, rather than create it. They produce drastically lower carbon dioxide emissions than traditional systems and are extremely energy efficient.
GeoExchange harnesses natural heat stored in the ground through a network of underground pipes called a ‘ground loop.’ A water-based solution circulating though the pipes collects the heat. This ground loop solution is passed through a heat exchanger or heat pump, which replaces the traditional furnace and air conditioning system, and distributed throughout the system.
Ground source heat pumps operate at 300% to 400% efficiency.
There are numerous benefits of installing a GeoExchange system. These include:
- Reduced carbon footprint - By using renewable energy stored in the ground, GeoExchange systems emit very few pollutants, carbon dioxide, and other greenhouse gases into the air we breathe.
- Cleanliness and safety - The absence of flammable fossil fuels, such as natural gas and propane, reduces greenhouse gases and the risk associated with fire and carbon monoxide.
- Year-round comfort - The system uses relatively stable temperature from the earth as an energy source to provide constant heating in the winter and humidity control in the summer.
- Reduced operating costs - Because most of the energy provided by the GeoExchange system is drawn from the earth, GeoExchange provides protection from fluctuating energy costs.
- Lower maintenance costs and longer service life - GeoExchange systems require little or no maintenance and typically last 20% longer than conventional heating and cooling systems.
- Quiet operation and improved aesthetics - Compact, self-contained indoor GeoExchange equipment replaces the noisy and obtrusive outdoor equipment associated with traditional systems.
Corix can tailor your GeoExchange system to work in concert with traditional fuel sources when required for redundancy or to handle peak loads. The choice of energy sources for your system depends on factors such as location, available resources, and energy requirements.
Corix has a proven track record of managing underground utility infrastructure and providing a full range of utility services and end customer support. We ensure the long-term success and stability of every GeoExchange system by providing a comprehensive, end-to-end utility solution.
At Corix, we design, build, and install underground loop geothermal energy systems. We can also assume all of the significant upfront costs, including those associated with the installation of the underground loop.
With Corix as the owner/operator, end users simply pay a one-time connection fee and an affordable monthly fee to access the system and enjoy the long-term stability and worry-free operation of their heating and cooling system.
Read about some of Corix’s exciting GeoExchange projects: