These systems assist operators to –
Monitor bottom ash levels, distribution patterns and ash volume (Cu. Ft.)
- Set alarms and control points to initiate conveying
- Convey based on ash level rather than time
- Maintain water level in the hopper
- Confirm that hoppers are fully emptied
In response to customer demand for low cost solutions that can be applied in a broader range of ash collection systems, we are now introducing the next generation in this important measurement technology – Ash Tracker™.
Ash Tracker offers many of the same features of MAPS 20/20, but with these advantages:
- Very low initial cost of investment and ongoing cost of ownership
- Inexpensive, robust, fixed-point sensors – do away with the high cost and frequent maintenance of mechanical scanning sensors
- Can be applied in a broader range of ash system design – including low profile tanks, submerged flight conveyors and step-bottom hoppers
- Simple set up and operation
- Enhanced measurement reliability with repeated signal sampling at fixed measurement locations
Ash Tracker utilizes strategically located fixed-point sensors for effective measurement at dramatically lower cost – reducing equipment costs by 60–70% compared to scanning systems. Budgetary pricing for a typical conventional bottom ash hopper collection system ranges from $7,500 to $22,500 (varies with the number of hopper sections).