Kipp & Zonen - Model CMP3 - Pyranometer
The CMP3 pyranometer is an instrument for measuring the solar irradiance. The thermopile sensor construction measures the solar energy that is received from the total solar spectrum and the whole hemisphere (180 degrees field of view). The output is expressed in Watts per meter square. The CMP3 pyranometer is designed for continuous indoor and outdoor use. The CMP3 pyranometer (ISO 9060:2018 Spectrally Flat Class C) is intended for shortwave global solar radiation measurements in the spectral range from 300 to 2800 nm. The CMP3 pyranometer features a snap-on white sun shield, integrated leveling and a weatherproof connector which is supplied pre-wired with 10 m of signal cable for simple installation.
An optional mounting rod and longer cable lengths are available. Two CMP 3s can easily be mounted back-to-back to make a low-cost albedometer. The Pyranometer does not require any power, it supplies a low voltage of 0 to 20 mV in relation to the amount of incoming radiation. When a higher voltage level or a 4 to 20mA signal is required, the AMPBOX is the perfect solution.
ISO / IEC classification
ISO 9060 spectrally flat Class C, with ISO / IEC 17025 calibration.
No desiccant change for 10 years, best MTBF with 5 years warranty.
CMP series with the world's largest installed base
Well known for high quality, durability and accuracy. The CMP pyranometers require no power, so are ideal for remote sites.
- Analog Outputs: 0 - 30 mV
- Cable Length: 33, 82, 164, 330 ft (10, 25, 50, 100 m)
- Classification: Spectrally Flat Class C (ISO 9060:2018)
- Digital Outputs: N.A.
- Directional Response: ˂ 20 W/m² (up to 80 ° with 1000 W/m² beam)
- Drying Cartridge and Maintenance Interval: Internal, no replacement necessary
- IP Rating: IP68
- Irradiance Saturation: 2000 W/m² (Max.)
- Material Enclosures: Aluminum, anodised
- Non-linearity: ˂ 1.5 % (0 - 100 W/m²)
- Non-stability: ˂ 1 % (change/year)
- Operating Humidity: 0 - 100 %
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 - +176 °F (-40 - +80 °C)
- Response Time: ˂ 6 s (63 %), 18 s (95 %)
- Sensitivity: 5 - 20 µV/W/m²
- Spectral Accuracy: 300 - 2800 nm
- Temperature Correction: ˂ 5 %: +14 - +104 °F (-10 - +40 °C)
- Weight: 0.7 lb (300 g)
- Zero offset A: ˂ 15 W/m²
- Zero offset B: ˂ 5 W/m²