Kipp & Zonen - Model CMP6 - Pyranometer
The CMP6 pyranometer is intended for routine global solar radiation measurement research on a plane/level surface. Fully compliant with ISO 9060:2018 specification for a Spectrally Flat Class B, the CMP6 features a sixty-four thermocouple junction (series connected) sensing element. The sensing element is coated with a highly stable carbon based non-organic coating, which delivers excellent spectral absorption and long-term stability characteristics. CMP6 has a similar detector to the CMP3 but has improved performance due to the increased thermal mass and the double glass dome construction. It is ideal for cost-effective, good quality measurements in hydrological networks and agriculture.
The integral bubble level is raised to the top of the housing and can be viewed without removing the redesigned snap-on sun shield, which also covers the connector. The connector with gold-plated contacts allows for easy exchange and re-calibration. The screw-in drying cartridge is easy to remove and the replacement desiccant is supplied in convenient refill packets. The Pyranometer does not require any power as it supplies a low voltage of 0 to 20 mV in relation to the amount of incoming radiation. When a higher voltage level or a 4 to 20mA signal is required, the AMPBOX is the perfect solution.
ISO / IEC classification
ISO 9060 spectrally flat Class B, with ISO / IEC 17025 calibration.
Best MTBF with 5 years warranty.
CMP series with the world's largest installed base
Well known for high quality, durability and accuracy. The CMP pyranometers require no power, so are ideal for remote sites.
- Analog Outputs: 0 - 30 mV
- Cable Length: 33, 82, 164, 330 ft (10, 25, 50, 100 m)
- Classification: Spectrally Flat Class B (ISO 9060:2018)
- Digital Outputs: N.A.
- Directional Response: ˂ 20 W/m² (up to 80 ° with 1000 W/m² beam)
- Drying Cartridge and Maintenance Interval: External, replacement after approx. 6 months
- IP Rating: IP68
- Irradiance Saturation: 2000 W/m² (Max.)
- Material Enclosures: Aluminum, anodised
- Non-linearity: ˂ 1 % (0 - 100 W/m²)
- Non-stability: ˂ 1 % (change/year)
- Operating Humidity: 0 - 100 %
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 - +176 °F (-40 - +80 °C)
- Response Time: ˂ 6 s (63 %), 18 s (95 %)
- Sensitivity: 5 - 20 µV/W/m²
- Spectral Accuracy: 285 - 2800 nm
- Temperature Correction: ˂ 4 %: +14 - +104 °F (-10 - +40 °C)
- Weight: 1.3 lb (600 g)
- Zero offset A: ˂ 10 W/m²
- Zero offset B: ˂ 4 W/m²