Kipp & Zonen - Model RT1 - Rooftop Solar Monitoring System
The RT1 has been designed specifically for the commercial rooftop PV. For the best commercial rooftop PV monitoring it is advised to measure both the solar irradiation and the PV panel temperature. The rugged housing of RT1 simply fits to the corner or side of a PV panel and contains the digital electronics. It also houses a sensor that reliably measures the incoming plane of array solar irradiance. The plug-in temperature sensor is easily attached to the back of the panel. RT1 is the perfect solution for monitoring the efficiency of commercial rooftop PV installations. PV panel temperature has a significant influence on the output of the PV panels and shouldn’t be mixed up with influences of e.g. soiling, cable losses and inverter losses.
ISO / IEC classification
ISO 9060 fast response Class C, with ISO / IEC 17025 calibration.
No desiccant change for 5 years, with 5 years warranty.
Designed for rooftop PV applications
The RT1 fits to a corner of any PV solar panel, smart digital duo sensor, Irradiance and back panel temperature.
- Analog Outputs: N.A.
- Cable Length: 66 ft (20 m)
- Classification: Fast response Class C (ISO 9060:2018)
- Digital Outputs: Modbus RTU 2-wire RS-485
- Directional Response: ˂ 1.7 % (up to 55 ° with 1000 W/m² beam)
- Drying Cartridge and Maintenance Interval: Internal, no replacement necessary
- IP Rating: IP68
- Irradiance Saturation: 2000 W/m² (Max.)
- Material Enclosures: Aluminum, anodised
- Non-linearity: ˂ 1% (0 - 100 W/m²)
- Non-stability: ˂ 1% (change/year)
- Operating Humidity: 0 - 100 %
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 - +176 °F (-40 - +80 °C)
- PV Panel Temperature: -20 - +100 °C, ±1 °C
- Response Time: 1 s (95 %)
- Sensitivity: N.A.
- Spectral Accuracy: 400 - 1100 nm
- Temperature Correction ˂ 3.5 %: -4 - +176 °F (-40 - +80 °C)
- Weight: 1.1 lb (500 g)
- Zero offset A: None
- Zero offset B: None