Stack Draft Regulator
From Energy Efficiency
Once in a great while, a patented technology is developed that has a universal need, and has the ability to make a substantial impact on Industry and Facility Management alike. A product which has the potential to offer a significant global value in reducing energy consumption, and can make a serious contribution to an organization's bottom line.
The SDR System may well be one of the most profound solutions to addressing fossil fuel inefficiency available anywhere in the world today. No other technology is as simple, fail-safe, universally applicable, and effective in reducing consumption of natural gas, LP Gas, and Oil. Our Thermo-Dynamic Draft Regulator has application for up to 85% of all furnaces, boilers, water heaters, pool heaters, ovens, kilns, and other heating equipment. It is not an overstatement to say that broad application of this technology would go a long way toward eliminating our dependence on foreign oil and the US foreign trade deficit. In addition our Draft Regulator will have a profound positive effect on the quality of our environment.
- Less heat escapes up the stack, so more heat remains in the appliance.
- Higher supply temps can be maintained using less energy to do it.
- With higher supply temps, higher return temp averages are maintained, which uses less energy to reheat the water.
- The vacuum effect of the excess draft is reduced or eliminated so heat can better contact the full heat exchanger surfaces and remain in contact for longer durations.
- With the vacuum effect eliminated, the flame spreads across the full burner allowing complete contact with the heat exchanger surfaces.
- With more heat being produced, the gas flow can be adjusted down to the minimum recommended settings. Less gas flow means less fuel consumption.
Most furnaces and boilers have excess draft conditions in their vent stacks. That means that too much air is going up the flue along with up to 30% of the heat coming from the boiler or furnace. This includes the fuel your organization is paying for and not currently getting the benefit of! It doesn't matter how efficient your boiler or furnace is factory rated. If there is excess draft (and chances are good that there is), you're literally having a significant amount of dollars go up in smoke. It is the same as trying to heat your home with doors and windows open.
The SDR System uses its patented technology to reduce the excess draft by changing the way that air flows up the stack and by slowing down the air flow.
The result is:
- Less fuel (and dollars) going up the stack
- More efficient combustion in your furnace or boiler
- Longer dwell time of heat in the boiler or furnace for more effective heat transfer
- Reduced run time for the equipment
Incorporating the SDR System adds up to big savings in fuel consumption and energy costs.
The SDR's patented and proven technology enables our skilled technicians to tune your system for optimal performance, giving your equipment:
- A cleaner burn
- A faster recovery